Heavy/Scratch: G1 Rodimus Prime WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by thyvipera, Apr 11, 2009.

1. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

So today I finally started my G1 City Commander, and while coming to a stopping point, I looked over at my G1 rodimus prime. I had a quick idea and I just went with it.

He's a partsformer, and I figured a decent looking partsformer is better than a transforming ugly brickformer.

I'm going to add some feet that will flip out from the trailer. I want him to have another head, but I havn't been able to find anything to my liking.

But this is basically what he will look like. He's not the prettiest, but I like him much more than the original.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. uuser

uuser Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Excellent till now. I can't wait to see it is finished
    So glad you start your UM now.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I like where you're going, but I think the alternator limbs stick out like a sore thumb with their high detail and the G1's no detail.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    This is going to be awesome!

5. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

thanks man, and thanks 4 posting ur awesome ultra magnus. it inspired me to get started on mine. i loved what u did with the arms/backpack. hope u dont mind me using that idea :) 

i'm glad u said this. i've been thinking this, and since u see it too, I'm going to use some styrene on his wrists and thighs. and that should do the trick.

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that will work for the most part, though you might also consider panel lining some of the car parts, most notably the front end so that it looks like real body panels are there, which will also make the bot mode look better.

7. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

will do. i'm going to give him the most detailed paint job i can give him, considering his lack of detail. hopefully he will turn out okay.

8. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Looks good, already a hundred times improved on the original (I thought it was shit in '86, never mind now!).

I do think something doesn't quite gel tho. I love where it's going, but currently it's a bit of a clash of styles - the old looks so old, and the new looks too new. He could do with some actual feet, as well ;)  I have no customising skills tho, so shouldn't really comment..

EDIT - Ok, REDLINE beat me to it, and he actually has the right to comment :) 

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Lookin' good.

I REALLY like that you integrated his trailer into the robot mode.

The alternator limbs don't really "blend" at the moment, but I don't think it will be a big problem. You've reconstructed a lot of the figure, so the areas with "no detail" are actually pretty small.

Though I do find those arms to be irritating in their lack of a bicep rotation.

zmog

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I think some feet are in order, but this looks great regardless. I don't think the styles clash too much. It's a given that more modding will be done so I won't be making any premature comments.