G1 Reissue/Encore Datestamps

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rustyshark, Sep 20, 2009.

1. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

Do the G1 Encore/Reissue toys have the original date stamp on them? Or do that have the date they are reissued or do they have both?
    I dont have any reissues but im just curious as I am starting to buy alot of loose G1's.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I just checked my encore Ironhide and it has date stamps of 1980/1982 which i can only assume refers to the diaclone line from which the mold came
    I tried to get a shot of it but it was a no go

3. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Most reissues will have the same dates but will have China stamped and the originals were all Japan or Macau.

4. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have a reissue Soundwave sent from China through Robotkingdom.com, but it is not Hasbro branded. On the back of the toy itself, its states Hasbro 1974 (space) 1983 and below it has Takara LTD 1974 (space) 1983. I dont see anything on the toy itself indicating it is made in the present.

5. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I also have a reissue Encore Jazz and on the bottom, on his foot it states 2002 Hasbro and below it states Tomy 2007. No indication of 80 something. I dont know what is normal, but this what I see on my TFs

6. redoptics

redoptics Banned

there a subtle changes on the reissues that u can tell them apart from originals i.e sideswipe rub sign is in a different blace trailbreaker has blue visoe prime small smoke stacks copyright dates in different places etc

7. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    sky lynx does not have the made by toybox company stamp any more...plus the gun in the bird's mouth is a different color...omega supreme has that new head with the face so unless someone takes the head apart to take the face out that will be another dead give away...plus the autotot symbol is tampoed on instead of a sticker on the chest plate of the robot...