Minor/Repaint: g1 recon ironhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CaptainX1, May 17, 2010.

1. CaptainX1

CaptainX1 Well-Known Member

this is a complete overhaul of an old project, i had done him originally in metallic car lacquers, but upon further inspection i deemed it inappropriate. i hand painted the whole car body in blood red, drybrushed some fortress grey on the edges, and washed it in chaos black, but the washing isnt working as planned. bot mode comes next.
    Update: i washed him in india ink, and sanded the excess inking away, then i put some black tiger stripes on him (figured it would be nice to keep the NEST style with the g1 style). All i need now is to drybrush the edges again and he should be good for truck mode other than the detailing
    Update: I just sprayed him with glosscote to seal all the painting in, some of the grating needs a black wash but other than that i would say truck mode is about finished.

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Looks badass!

3. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Digging the warn look. I hope how you paint the head comes out with mega sweetness.

4. CaptainX1

thanks you guys. i gotta rig the front clip with a magnet or something it broke a while ago. but he is gonna look badass when i'm all done with him.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Damn! You work fast. I just saw the pics with NO stripes. I prefer the no stripes but I have to admit, it does make him look more like a badass with them.

6. CaptainX1

>Damn! You work fast. I just saw the pics with NO stripes. I prefer the no stripes but I have to admit, it does make him look more like a badass with them.
    Thanks, solrac. I rarely work on my figures, but sometimes i just get in that mood. I was gonna keep him all red, but then again, he would have no chance on blending in. He is, after all, RECON Ironhide, and keeping that in mind i went with the stripes. I originally had him shining and with a yellow stripe, but with all the reinforcements on the truck, that just looked ugly. It's also the first time i hand painted a design of any kind on a figure.

7. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man thats badass