G1 REBIRTH part 4 ...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rusty26, Aug 2, 2011.

1. rusty26

rusty26 Well-Known Member

hey, I have a question for you guys let me know what you think .
    Now in a time that the Transformers brand is again really out in the mainstream household , why does Hasbro use this GRAND opportunity to continue the g1 Rebirth that was abandoned back in the day.
    They have such an AMAZING CHANCE to continue the most amazing cartoon ever . Same characters that they started with and new ones that never made it ,
    same type of animation maybe just a little better like "call of the primitives" style. For sure little things would have to change but the core is there and the ideas that were never put from paper to animation could come out of the secret "vault" and continue the most amazing story of good vs. evil.
    This would be like the "nail in the coffin" for the Transformers saga to grow for another 25 years and beyond. All the g1ers and young ones would come out to see this story that never finished .
    I know in my heart and soul that this would be the true single event that would even surpass the movies by a long shot and thrive as long as Hasbro would be willing to make new seasons G1 STYLE .

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Hasbri is not in the business of writing/making fiction.They arent in the business of telling stories or making TV shows.

They are in the business of selling toys.the cartoons,comics, films and other publications are just a platform for selling toys.

They arent going to try to "revive" the original G1 toon because there isint much profit in it for them.

New fans arent going to ask their parents to buy many G1 figures, compaired gto modern tf's and other toys, G1 figures are pretty much bricks.

3. rusty26

Hasbro had allot to do in all their products they have a hand in everything that their name is on so of course they know whats going on.
    As for is there money in it ?? of course there is , if there wasn't they would not release shows like transformers prime .
    As for toys ...my my my the sky is the limit on what they could do .

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Exactly, so why retread what has already been done? With the current series, Hasbro is NOT bound by what was done in a mediocre cartoon produced thirty years ago.

Transformers is not some amazing story (as far as the old cartoon is concerned) and it would cost JUST AS MUCH to create an extension to G1 (and make toys in support of that) that to create something a bit newer.
    From a fiction standpoint, continuing G1 makes little sense since most of the most popular characters were dead or written out. And the characters that followed Rebirth have no real fan following so no nostalgia to help fuel collector interest (which would be the core reason for a G1 extension).

No cartoon series, regardless how well done, would EVER be able to surpass what the live action movies have accomplished for the brand, certainly not an extension to a cartoon which ended over 25 years ago.

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The amount of contributions they make to those series is debatable.......but no mater how much they might add it doesnt change any of the facts I stated.

The shows,comics and films are platforms to sell toys.
    That point fails because theres an upcoming TFPrime toyline.

We have seen TF toylines with out a show to back them
    We havent seen a TF show with no toyline.

if the sky is the limit its not a "true" continuation of the G1 line.

6. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

While I figure that Hasbro is very much conscious of the brand, and steering/ coordinating the associated fiction (post AEC), I'm confident they know G1 cartoons will never be replicated or extended to anyone's expectations.

G1 precedence and lore is a very useful asset, despite the small Collector market, it is a rich medium to pool from and make accessible to further generations.

Most of Hasbro's efforts seem to be going into moving on with a new continuity, cherry-picking the better elements of all subsequent series.

7. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    they DO need to make a transformers cartoon that is cell animation. CGI doesnt do it for me ... mmm except beastwars which imho has better CGI than cybertron, just because of the facial expressions alone. actually i'd like a universe cartoon. sorta like batman brave and the bold, but with optimus prime, leo prime, big convoy, optimus primal, etc in different story arcs, with different teams fighting different emperors of destruction. i'd like to see that!

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why bother.

G1 endeds over 20 years ago, The Cartoon wasn't popular by the time of 1987 and that's why we had only 3 episodes of Season 4. It's not really go to sell well, a lot of Kiddies aren't going to understand G1 and why it needs to continue,

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm sorry to say this, but as much as I'd like to see Generation 1 continued: it's over. Finished.

The ending the cartoon got, while not perfect, serves as an ending. Cybertron's restored, the Decepticons are exiled into deep space, Fortress Maximus / Cerebros even gets to find peace after a fashion. It's not the best ending, but it is an ending.

10. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

And the phrase "nail in the coffin" means to finally put something to rest, as in to end it once and for all. Not to continue it ad infinitem.

You want to see season 4 continue? Go buy Headmasters, it's out on store shelves right now.

11. rusty26

As g1 fans you have to admit it would be interesting to see where the series would go if it wasn't cancelled . The new characters that never had a chance to spring their wings.
    The new cartoons like armada, cybertron,energon ,prime don't interest me in a bit , g1 was ,is and always will be the BEST TRANSFORMERS SERIES EVER .AND BY G1 I MEAN ORIGINAL G1, G1 HEADMASTERS, G1 MASTERFORCE AND G1 VICTORY

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So if you count Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory as part of G1, then why do you want rebirth to continue?

I hate to say it, but even if it had continued, very few of the characters would have been spreading any wings. It would have likely been like season 3, where there was a small, core group of reoccurring characters and a large cast who got just enough screen time to tell you who they were and why you should buy their toy.

Also, you left Beast Wars out of both lists there. Animated too. Ironic, since they were the best shows since G1 to most people.

13. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Tell it to a pessimist and they tell you all sort of excuses

anyway..just wish and pray. That's what I do.

14. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

One of G1's weaknesses is the giant cast of characters. Those later guys have no fan following because they got less screen time. Screw 'em. As much as I would like to see a few episodes that could take place in between season 2 and 3, G1 is done. I mean on a planet of 6 Billion, no one can find a voice actor to do Chris Latta's voice? Bullshit. Hasbro's not trying... no one cares about G1 except for us.

15. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

It's all more about economy and less about passion, as one TFW fella told. I can never fathom such perception

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, you guys DO get dozens of references, nods, and homages each year, reissues, update lines, collector-focused merchandise... That's something, right?

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Man, don't let the haters get ya down.
    Dare to keep all your dreams alive!!

18. Superion1701

Superion1701 Supreme Leader

I would love to see G1 continued.

Having said that, I'm enjoying the Headmasters DVD's.

Sure the stories are corney, but, I love how all the new characters and the combiners are featured in almost every episode.

19. rusty26

i don't care what people's opinions are some would like it others not.
    i'm a g1 whore and all that animated,beast crap , armada energon . to me its all NONSENSE , but that's just my opinion . anything else other than g1 is garbage to me , TF ANIMATED ..ANIMATED OH MY LORD WHAT WASTE OF TIME THAT IS , I DON'T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE CLAMMING THAT THIS GARBAGE IS THE BEST . ARE THESE PEOPLE CRAZY OR AM I ????

20. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Judging from your post? I'd skew towards you being a bit off your rocker :p 

But seriously, if you haven't tried to watch more than a few episodes of the post G1 stuff, you are only depriving yourself of QUALITY Transformers media. It's fine you like G1 so much, but I think most can agree that if you take off the rose colored nostalgia glasses and REALLY watch G1, then it really isn't half as impressive as some people seem to push it.

Which makes me think some people haven't actually sat down and watched the darn thing in a few years.