Customs: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide challenge

Discussion in 'Requests' started by battlefudge, Sep 27, 2008.

1. battlefudge

battlefudge TFW2005 Supporter

I have an interesting challenge. I want to make two G1 bots, ratchet and Ironhide. We all know the problems with them. I have seen some attempts to fix the bots with the encore heads and all, but I think they still just look funny.

So I want to make these guys to be actual g1 bots, so they will blend with my g1 collection. And I don't care if they are cartoon accurate, but they need to have the windshield in the chest. But I am not very creative in this department so I want other's opinions.

First for Ratchet I thought about using G1 Hoist, and extending his legs, and box (cutting everything to fit) and putting the G1 Ironhide/ratchet cab on him. Of course he would need a new head, and an interesting paintjob.
    I have no ideas for Ironhide.

Help please.

2. luke4

luke4 crocon

they are just repaints of each other so u could do the same thing again.

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Well, I know you mentioned having seen some attempts to make the encore heads work. Don't know if you had seen mine or not:

http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus...re-ratchetironhide-heads-plus-arm-mod-166122/

If you already had, I did have a follow-up idea that I'm still not sure if I'll go through with or not. That was taking the back of the cab and make it into a backpack for the Bot mode. That'd keep the back from being so boring. Granted, that goes even further along into the partsformer department, so if that isn't what you're looking for, that's out.

As for a Hoist/Breaker body repaint? That isn't a bad idea. I think that I'd personally do something different with the arms. Maybe having the top part fold down in back to make a bulkier shoulder? Or at least it keeps them from being way up there. Definitely swap out the 'tube' style forearms with something else, and you'd have your choice of parts to go with, I'd think.

Unfortunately, all I can give are ideas. Too much else going on, and not enough knowledge on cutting'n'pasting parts in the way that's probably needed.

4. rampageSSS

rampageSSS All Hail Rampage

News Credits:
  5. battlefudge

battlefudge TFW2005 Supporter

thanks for the links guys. Rampage I have never seen those before. If I had the cash lying around I would probably just go for that.
    As for your back pack idea Pun, what about doing a few mods to the gun that folds out of the cab, and attaching that to the waist of the main body. That would allow that little hatch that folds off the back to sit directly above the windshield when standing in bot mode. If it works we could just make room for a head in that hatch. Of course that leaves the arms, but that is for another day. What do you think?