G1 Ratbar ears - how to tighten?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CrockAlley, Nov 19, 2011.

1. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I just got my first g1 Ratbat, and it's loose all over. The wings are a bit loose, so I tried to tighten the screws, but that didn't do much. But that's not a big problem.

Those ears just flop all over the place. It doesn't seem like a situation where clear nail polish will help. My best idea is to find a tiny piece of purple paper and wedge it in there.

Any ideas to tighten those ears?

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Future. Hands down.

Theres a guy on the boards that swore by it, referencing it EVERYTIME someone had a "how do I tighten this" thype question. He would say "Future". Well, he was right. Its the best.

I finally bought it, and I use it alot now. to a point, that when I open a new TF, I get the future out ready to tighten anything thats loose.

its floor stuff. It WORKS. theres a "future" tutorial here somewhere...

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Thanks a lot Allen. Only now did I realize there is a place that sells Future on the Internet! Been searching for it everywhere here in Australia, and no one carries it nor it's cousins. Will pick some up tonight. :) 

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Glad to help, buddy!

I've been using my same bottle for 4+ years now, and am only now just below half. I'll be buying a bottle soon, I think. A little goes a LONG way. It's a great deal for under $10 (I think my bottle was about $5-6? I can't remember). It's a necessity for me.

Even if one isn't into customs, just coating a figure with it gives it a gloss that not only protects the paint, but makes otherwise dull plastic look like glossy fiberglass.

6. CrockAlley

Thanks for the tip!

7. CrockAlley

Okay, where the heck do I buy this stuff? I went to Lowes, Home Depot, Target, and my local mega supermarket. The nearest I could find was this stuff in the picture below.

(I've put together that Future is now Pledge.)

Attached Files:

8. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YOUR THE ONE!!!!

I been trying to figure out just WHO exactly it was who turned me on to this shit, but im tellin ya...NO HYPE HERE...future does exactly what I want. never does TOO much like super glue...It is THE PERFECT quick fix for joints and such.

Check this out, I made my son a big "sodor island" for his thomas trains. I painted a 2x8 piece of OSB, and detailed it, painted little scenes on it and shit...then COATED IT WITH FUTURE. you know what? my boy has been playing with it for 5 months now and NOT A SINGLE CHIP SCRATCH or NUTHIN.

I want to sincerely thank you for showing me...

get ready for it...

THE FUTURE

I wont use NUTHIN else for joint tightening now, and most of the time I pull a brand new TF out of the package, my future is RIGHT THERE to make stuff right. and it lasts. just USE IT...it works. PERIOD

9. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my bottle at Walmart in the cleaning area. Somewhere between $4-$10. This stuff is amazing for all kinds of stuff. I've done my best paint touch-ups with the help of some future mixed into my paint. I've even seen it brushed right onto chrome pieces to protect them from scratches.

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Snake, I'm really glad everything shared helped you out this much :)