G1 questions.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

We all know Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are brothers how about Ratchet and Ironhide cause they look alike and Skywarp, Thundercracker and Starscream are they brothers? I also remember in an episode in season 1 Divide and Conquer Megatron talks to two Seekers on Cybertron who are they??

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No, they're not. There are lots of Transformers who share physical shapes, and very few of them are actually related in any way. The only ones I can think of in G1 (offhand, anyway) are Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, and if clones count (and they certainly seem to refer to themselves as siblings), Fastlane and Cloudraker, and Wingspan and Pounce. Prime and Magnus may have been retconned into being brothers, but I'm not even sure about that.

Not sure about the Seekers, as I haven't seen that ep in ages, but odds are if they're not one of the six we know, they're just generic no-names.

3. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Ultra Magnus might have been Prime's best friend Dion in that case their not brothers and Ironhide could of been Dion in that case Prime and Magnus could be brothers and Prime and Megartron are brothers that was revealed in TFM 1 at the end of the battle.

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    1. Ratchet and Ironhide are not brothers. Just another case of Takara/Hasbro recycling a toy into a separate character.

2. Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp are not brothers, but to a degree I suppose you could call them "brothers-in-arms". They're "Seekers" -- part of an elite military team/group, although only in battle. I always got the impression that Skywarp and Thundercracker kinda hated and resented Starscream for being a turd.

3. They're just generic Decepticon "Seekers" or "Rainmakers" as they're called in the episode. They only appeared in the series twice that I recall, and two of them were later given actual names in toy form: "Acid Storm," and the yellow one has come to be called "Sunstorm."

5. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Where have been given names in that episode??

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I didn't say they were. Megatron refers to them collectively as "Rainmakers."

The 2 named toys came much, much later (and the characters made appearances in some TF comics). They are unnamed, generic Decepticon warriors in their G1 episode appearances.

7. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I like to think that the Seekers are just a gang, of elite fliers.
    Magnus being Dion is a possibility, as it never was said in the show, but I think that Simon Firman was going to go that rout in WWI comic age of wrath.

8. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They kind of tried to address this in "animated" saying there were specific "body types" that more than one person had. As far as G1, only the clones, Sideswipe/Sunstreaker and Rumble/Frenzy were confirmed as brothers (if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me, but I think that's the only siblings in G1)

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, Unicron and Primus are said to be twins. That's pretty significant in TF canon.

And in ROTF, doesn't Prime call Megatron his "brother"?

And here are lots of other TF relatives, just for kicks and giggles:

Relatives - Transformers Wiki

10. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Buster & Hydra from Masterforce we're brothers also. They were humans, so it's a lot easier to explain, but they are Transformers when they're in their transtectors.

In RotF when Prime calls Megatron brother it is metaphorical. It's more or less* a "brothers in arms" type relationship. More than not I'm sure many of us have friends that we've known for so long that we refer to them as our brother(s) or sister(s). That is how Prime once saw Megatron (in the Movie-verse at least).

~Z

*scratch that, it is.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I think I've asked this question before.
    The only "brothers" that we really know of for sure are Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Which is some what ironic since they don't share the same molds. But that's not really important. What's important is I guess they share the same "spark".

12. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rumble and Frenzy were brothers according to their bios on the back of the package, and the clones obviosuly were as well. SS and SW are just the ones most people remember, since the cartoon made a point of mentioning it.

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

You mean SS and SS. :p 
    And which Rumble/Frenzy bios are you referring to? The ones on the Tech Specs don't mention each other at all, let alone claiming they're brothers.

14. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it wasn't the tech spechs then it was the MArvel TF Universe ones. Sorry, I was going off memory from whenever those came out, so you can see where the confusion was. :) 

Here's the Marvel Transcript:

"Sow panic and surrender will bloom!"

Profile: With a fervor bordering on insanity, Frenzy plunges into conflict holding back not one molecule of his mechanical being. If it were necessary for him to breathe, war would be his oxygen. His lust for destruction knows no cause, no purpose - it only craves the fear it instills in others, the destruction it leaves in its wake. The other Decepticons appreciate Frenzy's boldness and enthusiasm - often this is enough to turn them from beating a hasty retreat to launching a new offensive. But given his single-minded devotion to violence, even they find him hard to deal with on a personal level. They have no problem letting him lead the way into battle.

Abilities: His screaming voice and belligerent manner alone could shake up an opponent, but Frenzy can enhance this effect by spinning the drum-like devices in his torso. Rolling the drums against each other produces a high-pitched, grating sound of up to 200 decibels which can severely disrupt the electrical flow within the circuits of anyone within earshot, resulting in all sorts of mechanical malfunctions. He's particularly adept at disorienting his opponents by neutralizing their auditory and balance centers.

Weaknesses: Like his brother Rumble, Frenzy's small stature limits his physical strength, but his abilities make him difficult to get near. A very cool, logical reaction to his manic onslaught is often an effective way of countering his intimidating effect.

So yeah, that's what I meant, not the tech specs, sorry for the confusion

15. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Never saw Rumble and Frenzy as brothers, but that doesn't mean they weren't. Same could be said for a lot of characters I suppose.

16. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

So it was the Red Rumble and Blue Frenzy that were brothers.

Blue Rumble and Red Frenzy weren't related?

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Wreckers Twin twist and Top spin are brothers.

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually Sunstorm was not based on any of the Rainmakers.

He's based on a seeker seen in the pilot episode.
    [​IMG]

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Eh. Okay, I'll give you that one. Hard to tell them apart:

[​IMG]

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

If your asking if it was ever mentioned in the cartoon, I would have to say no.