G1 Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I always wanted to know if some of you can help me:

- I remember seeing this episode The Gambler and they had this Autobot Devcon he came out of nowhere i know hes a bounty hunter but why didnt he came to earth or why didnt he stay to meet Prime??

- Optimus Prime did he ever knew Earth existed before leaving from Cybertron in episode 1 after being blasted by Megs. And i assume Earth is far away from Cybertron

- I cant believe in the Movie non Megatron, Cliffjumper, Jazz, Hot Rod and Kup knew who Unicron is, and i am surprised they never mentioned him and the Quints in season 1 and 2 did the Cons and Bpts knew who was the Quints and Unicron??

Thank you very much.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1.) It was suggested there were a lot of Autobots aside from the main cast that hung out with Prime. The episode "Cosmic Rust" also speaks of a "lost Autobot colony", so there were others out there. As far as why he didn't stay around, I always assumed since he was a bounty hunter, he just had more work to do.

2.) I doubt Prime or Megatron knew about Earth. They left looking for a source of energy, so it's possible the scanners or whatever they were using had found Earth due to its sources of energy, but I doubt they knew what the planet was, and at that point it wasn't even called "Earth" if you want to get technical.

3.)I'm a little confused by this question. In the movie, none of these guys seemed to know who Unicron was, in fact, I thought it was big plot point that they didn't know what this big monster planet was. If you are talking about the episodes after the movie, Then Kup and Hot Rod knew who the Quints were because they were shot down there in the movie. Both make references to it. Kup says "Why do I feel like I've seen this before?" and Rodimus talks to Grimlock about the Quintessons, referencing when The dinos saved them in the movie. As far as calling them "Quintessons", I always thought when he was near-death, the matrix told him the name, as later when he again travels into the matrix, the ancient autobots know who the Quints are.

Hope that helps, if not, that's all I got my man

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    For question 3, I think he was asking why Unicron and the Quints were never mentioned in seasons 1 & 2, before the movie. You pretty much covered it though. The movie made it clear that was their first meeting with these two entities.

4. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

1. as D-Unit said, the Autobots on Earth wasn't the only ones, besides the "lost autobot colony" that were mentioned there is Paradron and possible more Autobot inhabited planets.

2. Starscream and Skyfire visited Earth prior to the war, that doesn't necessarily mean Optimus knew of the planet though.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    When Starscream and Skyfire visited Earth it was one of their big 'discoveries'. However, I doubt they told many people.

6. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

1986 Movie

Well we all know who died in the movie cause they showd it: Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet, Ironhide, Wheeljack, Windcharger and Optimus Prime and Huffer as mentioned in Dark Awakening

Was there anymore deaths that we didint know? like for example they never showed Mirage, Trailbreaker, Sideswipe, Hoist, Grapple, Inferno, Smokescrean, Tracks, Powerglide, Warpath, Red Alert, Skids, Gears, Beachcomber, Seaspray, Cosmos, Skyfire and Omega Supreme.

I know they wont show them all but atleast if not dead show them in season 3 cause if we remember correctly: Smokescrean, Tracks, Hoist, Inferno, Grapple, Red Alert, Omega Supreme( well they didnt needed him cause they had Metroplex),Skids, Cosmos, Powerglide, Warpath, Seaspray and beachcomber but if am think correctly all those Autobots were introduced in season 2 how can they be discontinued already? thats stupid while we have Soundwave, Blitzwing, Astrotrain and the Constructicons how can Soundwave cant be discontinued?? And kill off Prime who to me was more popular than Soundwave.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I believe Warpath made a brief appearance in the first part of The Five Faces of Darkness in Season 3, so he's definitely not among those who died in the 1986 movie.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Powerglide was in FFOD. Fought alongside the Aerialbots.

And Soundwave's toy wasn't discontinued because they kept releasing new cassettes!

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ____>Cosmos appeared in "Grimlock's New Brain", Seaspray appeared in "Thief in the Night", Omega Supreme was in "Big Broadcast of 2006", Beachcomber was in "Five Faces of Darkness". As far as the second part, at the time, unlike today, Hasbro didn't care about what characters were "popular", they just wanted to sell more toys. Astrotraina dn Blitzwing were still around because they were introducing more triple changers, and Soundwave was still sold becuase they were still creating new casettes and needed a counterpart for Blaster I would imagine, who played a fairly large role in season 3

10. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I would like to know what happens in the large gap between the end of season 2 and The Movie is there an episode that talks about it all and how the Decepticons claimed Cybertron?

11. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, not really. There is a Japanese only short video "Scramble City" that attempts to explain some of it, but that was never even finished, so it doesn't really help. Pretty much all there is to explain what happened that 20 years is the movie's opening narration.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually the deaths of Brawn,Windcharger and Wheeljack were never confirmed within the narrative of the series.

13. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Well, we see Brawn get shot. You don't see his lights go out, like Prowl's, but I think it's safe to say he didn't make it. The Decepticons had control of the shuttle, and I'm certain that if Megatron noticed him moving, he or one of his minions would have finished Brawn off.

As for Wheeljack and Windcharger, I'd say they're dead too. In the short glimpses we caught of them, they look pretty mangled and the lights in their eyes are out too. Granted, they didn't turn grey like Prime or Starscream did, but then again neither did Prowl or Ratchet, who are confirmed dead.

Either way, it's all up to what the viewer wants to believe, like the whole "Where did Cyclonus come from?" question.

14. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is all true, but I think what Sto was saying was that as far as actual confirmation by the series, it was just Prowl, Huffer, Ironhide and Ratchet

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "Scramble City" doesn't attempt to "explain" anything, despite popular myth. Its "plot" focuses entirely on advertising toys, particular the combiners. There's really no "story" aside from "The Decepticons have combiners and they attack the Autobots, so the Autobots send out their combiners to fight back, so the Decepticons bring in more combiners, everyone fights, so the Autobots send out Metroplex but then Trypticon shows up".

16. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're right, it doesn't. I should've been more clear, I just meant it introduced Ultra Magnus...that was about it. That was the closest thing I could come up with for "Bridging the gap" between S2 and the movie, which isn't saying much.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Ah - understood.

18. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

i am confused as who is who: Thundercracker, Skywarp and the insecticons.

19. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't open that can of worms, my friend...

20. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Just believe they became whoever you want and leave it at that :D