g1 questions about overlord and black zarack

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Oct 27, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never watched transformers pass the 2 season, so I have no clue who these guys are. They look so awsome. Is overlord and black zarack both decepticons? where these main characters or one time in a show? are both these in the headmasters series or masterforce series? btw which series came first? im so confused here. thanks

2. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Headmasters came first, then Masterforce. Black Zarak started off as Scorponok in Headmasters; he becomes the Decepticons' head honcho in Masterforce, with Overlord as his second-in-command.

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Have to second this, even for a 20 year plus TF fan I find TFwiki very handy, we're not all Chris McFeely. TFwiki is your friend.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To expand a bit on what is said here:

Black Zarak is Scorponok reborn. Scorponok (Mega Zarak in Headmasters) was destroyed but the Headmaster escaped, and built a new body for himself. A new "Transtector" as it is referred to in the series. Devil Z, the big villain of the series, convinced Scorponok (the Headmaster) to wire himself into the core of Black Zarak. Black Zarak and Devil Z would eventually fuse and become a single being later in the series. He's the overall big bad in the final third of the series.

Overlord is an interesting one. He's a double-Godmaster (Godmasters are the Japanese Powermasters). His two Godmaster partners, Giga and Mega, are a husband and wife team whose appearance kicks off the second major arc of the series and take on the role both of leaders of the Decepticons and also mother and father figures to the Destron Headmaster Juniors. However Overlord himself does not show up until roughly halfway through the series. He's a monstrously powerful robot, having the combined spiritual powers of both Giga and Mega, and in his first appearance utterly trashed Super Ginrai. He's a major threat whenever he shows up, and he survives beyond the end of Masterforce as a pure robot, battling the other Masterforce characters in deep space during Transformers Victory and making one final appearance as one of the Great Destron Generals in Zone.

6. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    wow, so much good info, thanks everyone. I really need to see the power masters, headmasters and victory? theres so many cool tf that I never seen before. but im a huge g1 fan. I stopped at season 2 or beginning of 3 way back then and moved on to gi joe at the time. did any of these aired in the usa? I mean headmasters, powermasters, victory? or is there more g1 related series? thanks

7. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No Headmaster, Masterforce, Victory or Zone never aired on American TV.
    There are DVD's out there though.

8. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    ok I will buy the headmasters, masterforce, and victory series in the future. but I wanted to know is these series like the original g1 usa tv series? I do like those, but I hate the tf car robots series. those were just like watching digimon. it was way to funny, cartoony facial expressions style kid like series. so are the headmasters, masterforce, victory like digimon? or like the g1 cartoons?

9. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

Headmasters is styled more like the American G1 series by carrying on the over all look/style of the animation, but Masterforce, Victory, and the one episode of Zone are very much more anime style series since they were originally only for the Japanese audience.
    They have more of the typical anime foibles. Like characters making funny faces or suddenly falling over when embarassed or surprised.

If you can find either the Metrodome or the Madman sets I would buy those over any others you might find. They'll cost you a bit more, but they are worth it. They come with all kinds of extra material and you can watch the various series subtitled (which I recommend, they're just better that way).

10. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    I dont mind anime style animation, as long as its not like the kiddish digimon series. what is zone? is that the series after victory? also is that still consider g1 series? also was black zarack and overlord ever for sale in the usa?

11. combust

combust gobotronian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not kiddie styled more old school anime if anything

zone was to be a 4th japanese animated series continuing japanese G1 after victory

BZ and Overlord did not go into the US market asian and possibly european releases only unfortuneatly

12. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    great info, thanks. one more question, did the zone series ever happen? how many episodes was made for it? and was it same style as the other japanese g1 animation wise?

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    zone has had 1 episode released and at least 5 (counting that one) completed, why the last 4 were never released, we will never know, it was around that time takara moved onto brave, but those 4 episodes are chillin somewhere in a forgotten warehouse or something

14. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    so only one episode was release, did anyone get to see the other missing episodes online or anywhere else? also what show is brave? I mean is it transformers or something else?

15. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Brave is sort of a cousin of Transformers. Early series shows 'energy life forms' taking vehicles as host so they can transform into giant robots and fight enemies. But some later Brave series have AI robots or piloted robots. The series revolves around combining robots and so they're mostly more imaginative then most G1 combiners. But the series is even more 'digimon' like than Masterforce and Victory.

The first Brave series called Brave Exkaiser is kind of like Victory actually. Except instead of always fighting the same group of enemies, each episode brings a new monster of the week to the mix with occasional battle with the main bads.

Also of note is that quite a few Transformers molds were reused for Brave. The Dinobot's transformations were used to make the 'Geisters' in Exkaiser (but didnt get any toys) with exception to the leader who got a new mold toy that is a triple changer (Dino and jet modes) rather than duplicating Grimlock's transformation. Deszaras was reused for Red Geist in Brave of Legend Da Garn, Sonic Bomber and Dai Atlus were reused in BravE Express Might Gaine as Hiryu (Flying Dragon) and Goryu (Roaring Dragon), Sixshot was heavily remolded as Shadowmaru in Brave Police J-Decker, Sky Garry got repainted as Death Garry Gun in Brave of Gold Goldran and finally Grandus got repainted as Dag Base in Brave Command Dagwon.

16. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    If you want to check out Overlord and don't mind comics, check out IDW's "Last Stand of the Wreckers" series (a five comic miniseries.)

Overlord is the main villain there and I think you will really enjoy the book. A truly menacing, evil character.

It was my first (and only) exposure to Overlord so I'm hoping IDW does more with him (or they did and I missed it). I can already tell from the descriptions here I like Overlord much more than I would in the Japanese TF series ;)  He is nothing but a badass G1 Decepticon in the comics and Wreckers puts him squarely in G1 territory.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I question [not you personally] if the other 4 were even made.

To date I havent seen any official word that they every got animated.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat, I never heard anything about the other 4 being made. Scripted and storyboarding was as far as I was had read somewhere long ago, but nothing further.

19. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Be careful. If you watch Masterforce, you will develop an overwhelming need to purchase both Overlord and Black Zarak. Your wallet might never recover...

20. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    Yes, I must see that series now. I love how awsome black zarak and overlord looks. I cant believe I still have not seen it yet. Since im a huge g1 fan, I cant miss seeing these two characters. Well also I seen alot of other cool robots that I like alot from these japanese series like (I dont know thier names, but they are cool as ****) the super rare train combiner robot, the robot with the 3 cars who combines into a bigger robot, that dino combiner, just to name a few, WHEW! I will buy those episodes in the near future. Just waiting to see if the usa will get a dubb dvd set. I really dont like the japanese dubbing. Its hard for me to read subtitles and I dont like the japanese effects on the show. I really hope the usa will get a headmasters, masterforce, victory dubb in english set, that will be a must buy if this happens.