G1 Question Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DeletedUser_119270, Mar 26, 2017.

1. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Hi!In this thread you can discuss and answer and conduct questions about the original G1 Series!
    I'll start it off.

1.What happened to Omega Supreme?

ANSWER:Right before the G-2 era, he and Metroplex were in a battle with Metrotitan. OS was damaged and had to use parts from another Guardian robot, but he survived the attack. This is from the Japanese G1 manga "Metrowars," which is canon to the Japanese G1 cartoon.

2.Is Cyclonus Bombshell or Skywarp?

ANSWER:The original script and original toy bios suggest that you're theroy is pretty much what they originally wanted to do.Cyclonus,Scourge and both lookalike armies were originally intended to have been created by floating body parts and wreckage from dead the decepticons and the life energies of ancient decepticons from the hall of heroes.However the idea of dead floating body parts was considered too graphic for this cartoon film, so the idea was altered to the 1-to-1 upgrades we saw in the final film.So your idea has merit and would have been a better choice, they ended up not going with that idea and indeed gave us the symple One guy being upgraded process.If Unicron used bits of both of them, say by stripping apart the bots we see to take the parts that work/were in the best condition before putting them back together, Cyclonus and/or Scourge could be made from both Bombshell and Skywarp, and maybe even more bots as well. We might not be getting a full view of how the process works in the film, after all, when Unicron says "armada", there are definitely more than the 5 Decepticons we start out with, so it might not be as simple as a 1-to-1 upgrade.

3.What happened to Ultra Magnus?

ANSWER:Sixshot killed him in Headmasters episode 24. He was later reincarnated in a "Laser Optimus" type body during the G-2 time period.In G1 S4, he survives into Cybertron's Golden Age.

4.What happened to Skyfire?

Thanks,
    Awesomepow

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Do you know how many different threads has been started slowly dedicated to your second question?

And nothing happens omega

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant say I've ever wondered what happened to OS. he was in S3 so I just assume he was away for rebirth and just not included in the japanese stuff. Really you can ask that about any character.

As for the other question it's up to you the movie was a bit of a mess you can really just take it any way you want. I found the happy medium is just that Scourge and Cyclonus were made from the parts with new minds. So who became who does not really mater. And to explain Scourge and Cyclonus's memories I'd just say when Unicron is done in one universe he absorbs them back and creates them a new in the next universe. Galvatron exists as a sort of messenger/guide for Unicron so keeping the previous mind is useful.

but that's totally my own fan fic made to explain away any problems etc.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yes.

• Like Like x 6
  5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    1. Cartoon wise : Megatron unsuccessfully used his robo-smasher on Omega and it altered him somewhat as did the betrayal of the Constructicons. Other that I haven't a clue. in Season 3 he mostly faded into the background as Skylynx took over space transport duties.

2. I'm not touch this one other than to say there is no clear agreement and nor will their likely ever be one. hell Hasbro avoided answering that question when they wrote the bio for the CHUG Cyclonus toy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Okay,thanks guys.

7. Altered Prime

Sure much of the movie was a mess, but there is zero evidence that suggests the scene in question was done in error

In fact there is evidence that proves positively who was supposed to become cyclonus

But it's true fans can see it anyway they want ignoring facts is there right

8. Altered Prime

what difference would it have made If Hasbro had been clearer on that bio?

hasbo was clear as day with the 3H exclusive comics and so many choose to ignor it

9. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

he was put away to make space for other toys...I mean, other characters.

• Like Like x 2
  10. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    3H was Botcon not hasbro ,or at least not directly hasbro. if they had come out and given a inordinately answer in the toy bio it would have been undeniably canon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Altered Prime

it was approved by Hasbro it was ordered by Hasbro in the convention for Hasbro products

Sorry but it was indeed directly hasbro

And you want to talk about what's undeniably canon?

Just look at the movie itself it clearly depicts who becomes cyclonus and fans still want to argue about it

• Like Like x 1
  12. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    approved by Hasbro yes, but i think ordered by 3H to promote their current set of figures they were putting out for that year with hasbro's blessing. As for the movie i agree with you. At any rate neither the Movie nor the comic did a damn thing to end the argument.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Altered Prime

3H couldn't do anything without getting the approval so yes ordered by Hasbro

The movie clearly answered and end of the argument.....they clearly depicted who became who

The problem is the desires of a set of the Fanbase didn't like it and tried every excuse to claim it must've been a mistake

And even now when the empirical evidence proves it was not a mistake they still refuse to except what was done

Even the IDw adaptation of the film address the issue and people still deny it

• Like Like x 1
  14. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    Exactly fan opinion seems for some to override fact.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Altered Prime

That's very true

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ignoring the facts? little harsh wording it's a fact that even hasbro seems to keep it up in the air as an inside joke. it was an error made between writing drafts that was never fixed. As for IDW they copied the movie I'm not sure how much worth I can put in a comic that didn't want to fix anything.

As for facts the numbers wrong in that scene with there being a 2nd Cyclonus who then never shows up again and a 4th sweep at then not shown before. Now you could say that SW is the other sweep but then we'd have to ignore the facts that shown him as "armada". That's kind of a big f**k up. Yes Bombshell is at the front but with such poor continuity who is to say that that was right? It's in the story board for sure so that was the early idea but clearly the plan changed and older scene's were not edited. if they were whose to say who would have been who.

Also it's fact that neither act like their past counterparts so really the only fact is they were parts donors.

I just think most fans like the idea that the 2 seekers became the characters with similar colours to their old selves while the insecticons became the sweeps. It's just hard to ignore how well that fits.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Altered Prime

See that's just it

The 2d cyclonus was never a mistake
    Cyclonus was supposed to have a fleet of look a like clones like Scourge had the sweeps

The early scripts and the story boards prove that beyond any doubt

And that shows what was intended......any errors that follow is irrelevant because we know for certain that the scene in question was not in error

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so your saying they could not be done in error because they are from an earlier point in the film and were part of an early script? You know films aren't made start to finish in sequential order right and that scripts change? the numbers are the same for the whole film bar those 2 shot's seems far more likely that those 2 shots were done in error rather then the whole 2nd and 3rd act plus every episode of transformers after that point.

it was a screw up that made it into the film and it leaves a huge plot hole that both fans and Hasbro seem to enjoy keeping around. so you cant categorically say it's X way when it's just the framing of one shot that's the entire crux of that theory.

Also speaking of framing if we were always meant to have a 2nd cyclonus why did they always frame the sweeps in formation and Cyclonus on his own? they planned for a 4th sweep. those transformation scenes were wrong. I'm sure in the original script it was fine but it's very clear Hasbro changed it in revisions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Altered Prime

What I'm saying is that if your boss tell what and how to do something and you do it exactly as you were told them it's no mistake

And yes know films aren't made start to finish in any kind of order , and maybe that's a practice that should be changed because they cause issues like this one

What caused this issue was Poor communication......changes to the script were made after the animation was done

So the real error here is that the animation wasn't redone to accommodate for the script changes

As for season three you can actually see a fleet of cyclonus clones in five faces of darkness

And no it wasn't an animation Error it was a throwback to the script in which where he had a fleet

The early season 3 episodes were produced at the same time as the film

I don't understand your framing question......cyclonus was framed with his clone up until he joins the sweeps in 1 continuing shot

and by the way they planned for a unlimitet/undetermined number of sweeps as well as the same for the cyclonus clones.

We were only going to see a few get upgraded but both groups were intended to be large in numbers

And for the record it was marvel and sunbow in charge of script rewrites

20. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    ya know Unicron did specifically say " Cyclonus the warrior and his Armada" along with "Scourge The Tracker and his huntsmen the Sweeps'