g1 puffy holographic stickers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by wolfybulfy, Dec 6, 2005.

1. wolfybulfy

wolfybulfy unethical proctologist

anyone have any info on these. i remember having gears, and laserbeak but i'm sure there are others. i've looked on ebay and haven't ever seen them. who made them, how many were in the set, and how rare are these? where can you find them at?

2. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

No, but I have 3 boxes of Transformers Shrinky Dinks.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Do you mean the ones with glitter inside them? I had a few of them, Thundercats and Secret Wars were included as well.

4. wolfybulfy

no glitter, they were were like sportflics baseballcards. they switched from robot to alt mode when you moved them.

where did you get tf shrinkydinks?

5. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

For some reason I thaught this thread was going to be about those stickers on TFs that you blow on and an insigmia shows up.

I recon they would be awsome, ive had a few non TF ones in the past. Those would amuse me for hours, where did you get them? In akids magazine or something?

6. wolfybulfy

i wish i knew. that's why i started this thread.

7. AltAddict

AltAddict TFW2005 Supporter

I vaguely recall them just being on a sheet that my parents bought for me from the grocery store, or something to that effect. They were not a pack-in, I believe, just one of the misc items like the bed sheet set and cups and plates for birthday parties.

8. wolfybulfy

i bought these the other day, but they're something different all together. anyone know anything about them? i haven't gotten them yet to check them out.

ebay

9. wolfybulfy

I finally found them! These auctions only have sets # 2 and 4 though. Can anyone tell me how many of these sets there are? Does anyone else even recognize these?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are 4 sets. The first one is a deluxe set that comes with a little book to put the stickers in. :D 

These things use to be VERY common as they were sold in just about every store on the planet. (ok i exagerate slightly) but now they are very hard to find mostly due to kids using them on lunch boxes, book bags, and the TF carrying cases.

11. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I believe this is the book that Hiro Prime is talking about. There were spots in the book that you placed the stickers and it did a mini-bio of the character. You can see one of the stickers on top.

[​IMG]

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Like I did. I had pretty much all of them I think. Doesn't everybody go through a sticker phase? These were, if not the ZOMG Coolest Thing Ever, certainly The Best Stickers Ever...too bad I dunno where the heck they all went.

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Whoa. That one got played with a lot. Mine's in pristine shape compared with that one. My brother gave me his. His loss.

Only thing about those stickers is that they weren't exactly "switchable" as advertised. If you tried pulling them up more than once, the top piece would start splitting away from the bottom. They were cool back then though, esp. with the 3D look. I get a burst of nostalgia every time I see them. Or maybe it's just my acid reflux acting up.

And to answer wolfybulfy's question -- I bought a couple of those sticker sets on clearance at Waldenbooks a couple years ago and gave most of them to my nephews. I kept all the Autobot/Decepticon logos to use on some of my G1 collection where the original stickers were rubbed off or missing. I thought it was a really nice sticker collection overall -- all stock G1 Hasbro toy-looking images mostly. I wouldn't have paid $13+ shipping for it, but that's just me.

I'd tell you how much I paid for the sets I bought, but you'd probably hate me for it.

I have a huge excess lot of the original TFTM movie stickers if anyone's interested. But no mint unopened packs, sorry -- because my brother and I opened them all looking for some of the rarer ones. And wow did we get a huge bargain on them. Found THREE BOXES still sealed for about a dollar a piece at a discount grocery store.

14. wolfybulfy

a COUPLE years ago? i got mine in 1984. do you literally mean a couple years ago, or are we talking about 10 or 15 years?

also, have you guys ever seen this before? i haven't. it's in an auction and although you can't tell from the picture, is a misb box full of stickers.

[​IMG]

sorry, but i don't know where all this sticker nostalgia came from.

15. ErikB

ErikB TF Master

I just checked my stick-n-play book (the one picture above) and heres the skivy:
    Pages: 14 (front and back cover included)
    Breakdown: 14 stickers complete the book (7 Autobot, 7 Decepticon)
    Stickers needed (in order): Bumblebee, Jazz, Optimus Prime, Huffer, Windcharger, Prowl,
    Sunstreaker, Rumble, Thundercracker, Megatron, Starscream
    Skywarp, Soundwave, and Ravage
    Bios Featured: Optimus Prime, Huffer, Windcharger, Prowl, Sunstreaker, Megatron,
    Starscream, Skywarp, Soundwave, and Ravage.

the pages are cardboard and held with a simple plastic ring binder. made by Diamond (same people who made the stickers and sticker book for TF's) and has no copyright, but i'd say '86.

since there are only 14 spaces in the book, i'd assume 14 stickers overall.
    there are several sites that have a few stickers for sale, just cruis the net and you'll find them.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I have the complete set of them....got them back when I used to order a lot from wheeljackslab.com as a bonus he gave me. they are pretty cool.

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Literallly bought mine a couple years ago -- brand new. But I believe they were from the same company who made the TF Energon calendars.

Sorry, the nephews probably threw away the original packaging, so I don't have any other details on them. The set looked the same as the one in your ebay pic though, and that's definitely recent because it has Hasbro's new logo on the back of the box.