G1 Prowl

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

If he didnt die in TF:TM do you think he's next in line to receive the Matrix? And if he was ment to be the chosen one, do you think he would be able to lead the Autobots to victory by stoping Destroying Unicron with the Matrix and stopping Galvatron? Or Galvatron would of have crushed him?

2. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally, I love love love Prowl. Being the son of a police officer and growing up around those people, I always loved Prowl. That said, no. Prowl is, to me, like Ultra Magnus. He COULD lead, but he didn't have what it took to be the chosen one and Galvatron would have destroyed him.

3. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Of course if they havent died,do you think any of the Original Autobots had what it took to be the chosen one?

4. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    The whole point of being the chosen one is that there's only one of them. They were chosen. Nobody else could be the chosen one, or they couldn't call it the chosen "one". It would be the chosen "two" or "three" or "fifty seven" or whatever. Regardless of who lives or dies only Hot Rod can be the chosen one.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    The Matrix was clearly meant for Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, so it would not had changed at all if Prowl was online or offline.

6. victoryconvoy

victoryconvoy Well-Known Member

i think if he did get the matrix,galvatron was way way too crazy for him to beat

7. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Battle computers, damaged.

Perhaps. I never liked the idea of Jazz becoming the leader in the comics.

8. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

Love Prowl to death, but he was destined to be second-in-command only. He's not Prime material.

9. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Prowl is a great military strategist, but according to his tec specs the unexpected often scramble his circuits, and that is a big obstacle for a leader because it means that in one of the most dangerous situations he can't lead, so I do not think he would have gotten the matrix, even though i love the character.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Cartoon Prowl? Hells no. He was never much more than "third guy in crowd scene" in the cartoon. Comic Prowl probably would have been one of the first in line, though. I'm not sure either would do well against Galvatron. Cartoon Prowl would probably do a little better with his generic and unremarkable competence; comic Prowl would spend most of the fight yelling at Grimlock.

11. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Nah, Prowl always wanted to be leader, but when it comes to randoms and thinking on the spot, he's just not that cut out for it. He's a good solid guy to have around though.

If anything, Grimlock woulda took it, and lord knows what that would have been like

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    The problem with the whole "chosen one" argument is that it was rendered utterly moot when A) they brought Prime back from the dead, and B) Prime took back the matrix. Obviously we know why they did that (ratings, ruined childhoods, etc) but it completely killed the notion of the matrix knowing what the hell it's doing.

I personally like the idea of the matrix being something that leader passes to leader, not some mystical force that "chooses" who it inhabits. But that's just me.

13. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

If Hot Rod never existed who else would of took it? Yeah your all right about Prowl he's a good war stratigist but in leadership way he would be too soft. And Prowl is the same as Ultra Magnus no leader material hence Magnus failed to open the Matrix in Junkion. I like to think that Season 3 characters are similar to Season 1-2 characters:

Optimus Prime - Rodimus Prime
    Ironhide - Kup
    Prowl - Ultra Magnus
    Jazz - Springer
    Ratchet - Wreck-Gar
    Arcee- Chromia
    Windcharger - Blurr
    Brawn - Outback

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe there were many 'potentials' out there for the Chosen One, like in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So if Hotrod had been killed before the moment he gets all Matrixed up then there'd always be someone else that could become the new Chosen One.

That said, if we assume that the Matrix knew all that was going to happen then it would know that Hotrod would still be alive to follow this path and no back-up Chosen One would be needed.

As for Prowlimus Prime? Doesn't work for me. He could command but he could never be the kind of leader the Matrix would want to make.

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    They destroyed the chosen concept right after the movie anyway during Rodimus' self induced coma. The only thing Rodimus was chosen to do was destroy Unicron. After that the matrix went back to being something leaders pass down.

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say Ratchet - First Aid, not Wreck-Gar. Outside of the Junkion stuff that healed Magnus, did it ever show Wreck-Gar being a medic?

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also
    Bumblebee - Wheelie

18. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Which was the darker hour? Unicron or the Hate plaque.

Maybe, the Matrix "knew" Optimus would be back even though it let Hot Rod open it. Scourage could also use the Matrix.

19. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

prowl was never meant to hold the matrix. he was always a #2.

20. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Prowl really wasn't all that smart on the cartoon. I don't think he was much better in the comics, either. People want him to act like a dick, y'know more like a cop... but that would have just made him dumber. An Autobot cop profiling, stopping and frisking Rumble and Frenzy because they look like punks, while the more respectable Soundwave is stealing all the energon right behind his back.