G1 Prowl and Bluestreak

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 17, 2011.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok watching G1 episodes here with my son and there are times I can't tell Prowl and Bluestreak apart because they look so much alike. Are they related?

I know Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are "twins" but look nothing alike, are they ever mentioned as brothers in the G1 episodes?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    No.

3. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

The Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen toys were made from the same mold in the same way the Seekers were. They aren't supposed to be related, however. Just the same models/class/whatever.

I personally don't recall the twins specifically being mentioned as brothers in the cartoon (someone correct me if I'm wrong). It's mentioned in just about every other G1 TF medium however, so it can be safely assumed they are in the cartoon as well.

4. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

I think it was mentioned some time in season 1. I will see if I can find it

5. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^It was referenced in "More than Meets the Eye" when they come to bail out Trailbreaker, Spike and Sparkplug when seekers are attacking, TB says "Thanks for the help, brothers". It is referenced again in "Roll for it" when they go to take on the attacking seekers by themselves and Sideswipe says to Sunstreaker "Ok Bro, let's go". Those are the only two references I can recall, there may be more, but I am pretty sure that's it

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aside from the fact that Prowl is white and Bluestreak is gray, I'm pretty sure Bluestreak is almost always drawn with his shoulder launchers and Prowl almost never is. Also Bluestreak is not in the show nearly as often as Prowl, so whenever you see one of them, it's usually Prowl.

I think in the more recent comic fiction they may say that Bluestreak and Prowl hail from the same city on Cybertron. But there's never any mention of a direct "blood" relation.

8. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The handy way to tell them apart in the cartoon is that Prowl doesn't have shoulder launchers, and Bluestreak does!

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, obviously there's a distinction between TFs built on the same chassis, but who are NOT brothers (Seekers, Ironhide/Ratchet, Hoist/Trailbreaker, Buzzsaw/Laserbeak, Inferno/Grapple, Battlechargers, etc), and those who are considered "brothers" officially (Sunstreaker/Sideswipe, Rumble/Frenzy, Twintwist/Topspin). There is something that establishes a "familial" bond between bots that is beyond simple physical similarities.

Also, going by the Tech Specs, there's no real consistency in terms of the capabilities of each bot's chassis. Ironhide, for example, is much more physically powerful than Ratchet. In fact the only examples of chassis-sharing where the stats are mostly consistent between characters is within the Seekers... who all have very similar physical characteristics (with Ramjet being an exception in strength and endurance).

Easy way to remember that is also that Bluestreak's function is "Gunner", hence the emphasis on his weaponry.

zmog

10. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

beat me to it:) 
    They are definitely brothers. But I think in IDW they arent? Or they are just "brothers" like all of us?

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He'd probably have stuck out more if he was blue.

12. SMOG

In IDW they definitely have some kind of long-standing sibling-rivalry baggage (or at least Sideswipe does)... but I don't recall if the term "brother" is ever used in Furman's run. Maybe later in AHM?

zmog

13. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

We had The Twins and Prime and Megatron as it was refered in TF 1 by Prime when he said " You left me no choice brother" Where they brothers in any other continuity or just The Movie continuity?

14. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

@ Wheeljack30 - I think they are mentioned as 'brothers in arms' in Transformers: Prime...but not actual borthers (referring to Prime and Megs.)

As to Bluestreak and Prowl, although they both transform in to a Nissan Fairlady 280Z, to my understanding that ends the similarities.

So far as Sideswipe and Sunstreaker go....I think DUnit covered it. I don't recall any further references beyond those.

Dex

15. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Definitely not brothers. Sunstreaker was Sideswipe's military trainer or something and Sideswipe hated him;the only reason he was desperate to track old 'Streaker down and save him was to taunt him about how rubbish he was.

16. SMOG

But how explicitly was that stated? I remember it always being left really ambiguous... but played as a corollary to sibling rivalry (Sideswipe never feeling that he was as good as Sunstreaker, wanting to prove himself, etc). Was there ever a clear statement one way or the other about their "brotherhood" though?

zmog

17. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wait so sideswipe and sunstreaker AREN'T brothers??

18. SMOG

No, they are in most versions of the fiction. In IDW though, I think it was left ambiguous what their exact relationship was, maybe because Furman didn't want to wade into the questions of what made Cybertronians "brothers" or not.

I might be wrong, but I think that later on in All Hail Megatron, they might specifically refer to each other as brothers.

zmog

19. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

They were brothers in arms which is a military term I believe. Not brothers as in related to the same family. Remember, Megatron was made years before Orion Pax became Optimus Prime. At least, that's the story in G1.

20. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Also, in regard to the original question, Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen all have their heads drawn differently.