G1 Prototype Black seeker, advice needed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red leader, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Parents far east cruise = WIN for Red leader

Thanks to my apparent joy my father now thinks I am stranger than I was before, in his own words the bundle of goodness they bought back is this ''looks like a pile of crap apart from the nice red car'' the red car in question being a near mint diaclone sunstreaker but the best was yet to come, there was also both launchers and mount for red tracks, a brainmaster minus its arms, a G1 ,megatron and best of all, a jet black decepticon seeker jet with a grey fist, it only has one wing, no horizontal fins and no weapons but everything on it is black, molded black not painted, the feet, the legs, the arms, everything, they picked the whole lot up from a market vendor.

Where can I get info on this and what is it? prototype or diaclone ??? I'll try and post pics of the haul tomorrow.

2. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wanna see that!

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It could also be a parts swap jet. There are enough black seeker parts to make a solid black jet, just need thundercracker, skywarp, dirge. It could also be a proto but may be difficult to prove either way.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I'd say either parts swap or KO. Or the least likely is a prototype. Parts swap it more likely. You say it has a grey fist. That probably came form G2 Starscream. No other official one used grey fists. SS and Skywarp are the only ones who don't use black. And Sunstrom, if you count him.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    these show up on ebay every so often, someone swaps TC and SW parts and makes an all-black seeker then claims its a special version which its not.

6. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anyone got i pic? bet it looks cool all black

7. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's probably either a "lunchtime special" (unoffically made in the factory with leftover plastic), a knockoff, or as stated, a parts swap.

A couple things to ask/advise that might help you identify it... is the chest area still diecast? If that's plastic, it's probably a KO.
    Check the wing... see if it sits flush with the body. If it's got a gap, it's likely using the reissue molding, and probably is a factory "special".... ditto on checking the copywrite stamps (on the leg on the reissues, i *think* it may be on the underside of the wings on the originals)

but yeah, if you could get a pic, I might be able to tell you more then that, or make a better guess at least.

8. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Sorry the pic is a bit crappy, it took me 20 friggin minutes to upload it for some reason so the jetmode will have to wait, the chest is all diecast and there are no gaps between the wings and body, the whole thing is nice and tight buildwise and if its a part swap its a damn good one!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  10. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Yeah I thought it was a fake, just unusual the rents picked it up, cool none the less, he shall forever be marked as ''parts boy'' :)  I'm off to pick up some thrust launchers and fists plus another wing, WOOT!