G1 Protectobot Blades - removing rotors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cutthroat, May 11, 2012.

1. Cutthroat

Cutthroat More cowbell, dammit!

Hi!

I have a couple of G1 Blades figures, and I'm trying to do a rotor blade swap. Does anyone have any advice for removing the pin that holds the rotors in?

Thanks!

2. chewy

chewy New Member

Trying to do the same. Grabbed the pin with pliers but it just spins and doesn't come out. Disassembled figure to see if I can push it from the back but no part of the pin shows from the inside.. Tried turning it as well, like undoing a screw, but not working either.. maybe have to pull harder??

*can only grab pin because one of the rotor blades is broken so I just removed it completely and now I can at least grab the pin with pliers.. otherwise with both rotor blades on, the pin doesn't even stick out far enough to grab..

okay, found a good method: use some paper towels, fold over a couple times so that plier teeth doesn't wreck rotors. Fold rotors together, put paper towels over the top part and grab with piers. Make sure pliers only grab the two rotors and not the white part on top of the helicopter. Have figure in alt mode, hold it down with both feet while still holding on to pliers with hands. Pull rotors straight up. If you twist, it wrecks the teeth that click the rotors together. Don't over strain and hurt your back! Do it over a towel/ carpeted area so there is some cushioning for the toy. Sometimes helps if back of helicopter is pointing forwards. Should hear a satisfying pop as the pin releases from the figure. Hope this helps!

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    simple:

sharp pointed soldering iron, put on the head of the pin for a few second, try to pull out. repeat until it comes out easily, reheat the pin before putting it back in and/or give it a dab of glue on the tip