3D Artwork: G1 Prime Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Venksta, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So last night I was working on a poster for a local TF collectors night, at the comic shop I goto, Gotham Collectibles. Anyways, I decided to make a new G1 Prime render from my model, to use on the poster. I liked how the background looked, and decided to make a wallpaper of it. I thought it looked pretty cool, so wanted to share it with you guys here. :) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Nice job, but those legs don't look like they would really attach to the body like that.

......Yes I know I'm nitpicky a 1980s toy with no forethought given into hip articulation.

Really, apart from that lame critique, you did a good job with the modeling, though I must say I'm particularly impressed with the lighting and shading job in terms of making the colors pop without getting the annoying washed out, overexposed look that a lot of renders suffer from, including my own (though I'm slowly getting better).

Come to think of it, do you use multiple render passes and then do a Photoshop composite job in post-process? I admit, I don't really do that unless I'm faking toon-lines since Modo doesn't have a true toon shader setup yet.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think that thumbnail would make a great wallpaper as well :) 

u fail at arts Venksta :lol 

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for the crit dude. The model itself is based entirely off the G1 toy. However, for this render, I changed the proportions around, by beefing up his shoulders and thighs. In all honesty, its kind of hard to make a brick look dynamic, with out cheating. :lol 

All my recent renders have been made with multiple passes. I find rendering each element (ambient, shadows, reflections, ect) separately allows me to have better control with the final image. Plus, gives me more room to cheat. :)  The key to my recent renders has been a ambient occlusion pass. It really brings out the depth of the model itself.

Thanks dude! :lol 

5. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love it! The Autobot logo really pops.

6. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Who would have thought the old boy could look as good as this? Beautiful work, mate! :thumb