G1 Prime vs. movie Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sawwheeler, May 16, 2014.

?

G1 Prime vs. Movie Prime

1. G1 Prime

84 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Movie Prime

52 vote(s)
    38.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

It says in G1 Prime's character profile that "He could be more ruthless, but then he wouldn't be Optimus Prime." Makes you wonder who Bay Prime is then.

2. JackKnife

JackKnife Well-Known Member

Yes, but he didn't need to kill anyone. You don't need to kill your enemy to defeat them.

And yes: it was a cartoon pandered to kids that was silly, with Megatron coming up with stupid plans and his army being lame morons. But Prime still managed to be awesome in spite of all that.

Movie Prime: literally ripped apart every enemy. Er...okay. Sure. Great. But he never changed their minds or won them over.

3. iconbot

iconbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Movie Op is the scissors cos of all the sharp pointy bits and G1 is the rock (cos it looks like a brick)......there's your answer.

4. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

While I'm sure this has been stated before, it bears repeating: the Decepticons murdered zero humans in the G1 cartoon. They murdered many in the movies. Before we try to compare G1 Prime versus movie Prime, let's consider how Prime would have been allowed to react if Broadcast Standards and Practices of the 80's had allowed humans to die at the hands of the Decepticons.

5. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Movie Prime could kill without mutilating their corpses.
    Tell me the main dude from GI Joe would get away with putting hooks through someone's face and slowly pull it in half and still be seen as a hero.
    Although yes G1 Prime probably would've been prepared to end it way before the 86 movie.

6. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Serious answer: Who would win? Neither, because they would meet, introduce themselves, speechify each other, and then join forces to save the universe. I seriously doubt that either Prime would blindly attempt at slaughtering a fellow Autobot.

Hypothetical answer: Both are incredible fighters, and both have some pretty powerful firearms, but I still say that they'd compete for which one can give the best speech.

7. tfparodies

tfparodies Well-Known Member

This is probably the best answer in the entire thread.

8. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

So for you, a hero is one who kills bad guys? I take it you're fans of Hellboy and Punisher types, over Batman and Superman?

I'm sure MANY humans have died off screen at the hands of Decepticon in the G1 cartoon...The Ultimate Doom-during all those environmental catastrophes; The Revenge of Bruticus-when the Earth was really really really hot; Megatron's Master Plan-I doubt many were fed during the time of the Autobots' banishment, etc etc etc

They had to show it on-screen, the movie is geared to a more mature audience after all, plus it's the big screen, and they also gotta show off those awesome special effects.

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Movie Optimus Prime's gun could barely scratch Megatron, while G1 Optimus could probably decimate skyscrappers with his Ion Blaster. G1 wins

10. solusprime19

solusprime19 Disney, Dat knee

and your prize....

The movie prime's matrix!!!!

11. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Yes, but they were also Movieverse transformers, made out of tin foil!

12. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Quite the opposite. But this is a question of who would win in a fight.

If you would like to start a different thread about which Prime do you like more, be my guest.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the fight will be exactly like the animated movie battle between Optimus and Megatron. The both of them will end up killing each other! LOL!

But if I was forced to choose one its because the G1 TFs seem more durable.

What struck me is that the G1 cartoon and Marvel TFs were so tough. Megatron was bombarded by missiles (maybe nukes?) in issue 3? And didn't get a scratch.

I think in the original Marvel Transformers Universe it was mentioned that it requires a 'low yield nuclear warhead' or something to that effect to scratch Metroplex's armor - the same as all TFs?!

14. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    having grown up on the marvel universe, which I always end up falling back to..

I think of the tech specs, or more specifically the "universe?" issues that outlines every bots strengths and weaknesses.

G1 prime may have looked like a truck, but his body was ARMORED for combat. Im going by memory here, but I wanna say that it was some serious stuff just to crack his armor. G1 optimus, to me, was a more "plodding robot" as opposed to the "ninja moves, rolling and spinning" Bayverse.
    -G1 Primes laser cannon could (by memory) smash a 10x10 iron block. If anyone knows ANYTHING about metal....THAT is serious shit.
    -Bay Prime's weapon was a ballistic weapon, That had struck many, MANY movie bots, and only when he was point blank would he kill with a head shot.

I love BOTH...but G1 Prime could have been struck my 10 M1A1 abrams PLATOONS of tanks, and he would think he was getting a mosquito bite. We just did not have ANYTHING that could touch them.
    Compare that to the Bay TFs, ROTF showed that the 120mm smoothbore from an M1A1 Abrams could knock the piss out of megatron, and kill regular decepticons with 1 or 2 shots.

so its just really different universes..and in that comparison..G1 Prime wins hands down, without an argument based on the tech spec info, and what we seen happen in movies.

I do still have all my universe issues...don't make me break em out....Bayverse optimus is AWESOME..but there is no comparison to G1 Optimus if you go by what we really know.

15. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh...ninja'd before I finished typing.

Yea..i cant remember those issues perfectly...but if you read those, you know that G1 and Bayverse are totally different animals.

16. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That...is prolly exactly how it would go

17. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

18. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Movie Prime..G1 prime is 10 ft shorter than the movie Version

19. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    irrelevance.

im sure little boy was shorter than a tomahawk missile.

What would you rather get hit by?

20. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Movie Prime.

Then Armada rips him to shreds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.