Customs: G1 Prime Repair Help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by aey103, Jul 12, 2007.

1. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if it belongs here or the Toyark (mod please punt if it should be there), but after seeing some of the work done in this forum I thought I would start here.

I recently found some of my old G1 Transformers, thought moms threw them away years ago and I was extremely happy to be reacquainted with them. Aside from minor wear and tear from playing with them as a child, most of them were in great shape...except for Prime. Being my favorite as a child he is a little worse for wear. I remember that his left arm snapped of when I was kid and since it was crazy glued back on, it is now permanently unmovable except to transform back and forth. I figure that is a lost cause...and hey these toys aren't known for a billion points of articulation. What I am trying to see is if there is a fix to repair the joints that are at the base of it's hips and top of it's legs that keep it stood up straight. Right now they don't "lock in" as meant, so the figure always tries to go back to cab mode and won't stand up correctly. I basically just want it as a display piece to be in robot form so I could just crazy glue the legs so it stands correctly like I want, but I also would still like to be able to transform it so the crazy glue idea would be a last resort. So does anyone have any ideas?

Also on a side note, I found G1 Ratchet too. It is fine for display in both modes, maybe needs some reprolabels and a paint touch up. The problem with that figure is that one of the rear tank treads on the back portion broke off and is definitely gone forever. Does anyone know of a place were a similar replacement could be found and if it could be repaired. Like I said (or really typed), it looks fine in ambulance mode and robot mode for display so it is not that big of a deal to me but was wondering if there is any hope for that to be fixed.