Minor/Repaint: G1 Perceptor gets a real head

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sarrow, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Simple mod/paint job here... I had the reissue Perceptor from a while back and wanted to give him a realistic head. It just so happened that I had an old head from an alternators Skids that looked just about perfect.

The hardest part was getting the new head to work with the mechanism that raises it up and down by turning the gear. I used the ball joint from a star wars figure to mount the head on. I made a small plastic base that mounted onto the gear rail where the old head was, then screwed the base to the SW figure neck joint. It retracts just fine and turns too! I had to dremel quite a bit off the back half of the head piece though so that it would clear the hole when it retracted into the body. After all that, I painted it to match the cartoon. It's such a small mod, but I appreciate this figure 100x more now!

First pic shows upper leg stickers, second pic they're just turned so that he looks more like the "real" version.

Attached Files:

2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Simple, but effective. That is Perceptor!

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice!

4. Sarrow

Sarrow Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys :)  I can finally respect this figure now. I don't know why I waited so long to do this. I was watching the movie last saturday and I think that's what inspired me to finally do it.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, that works really well! :thumb