G1 Overdrive question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, May 13, 2010.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

I just purchased and received a G1 Overdrive Omnibot.
    He's in killer condition; stickers aren't even applied.
    When I transform him into robot mode though, his legs have serious difficulty locking into place. Since he looks virtually brand new, he must not have been transformed frequently but his legs are still barely able to stay locked in place for him to stand.
    Is this a common issue with this particular figure?
    Thanks.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I know the Fairlady Z bots, Prowl and the like, have a similar issue. The legs lock in with a good deal of friction, but with age the amount of friction reduces. Sounds like the same problem.

I'd have thought a relatively unused piece would be less affected, it might just be a case of natural plastic swelling / compression with age coming into play. Of course it depends on how it's been kept for most of its lifetime - transformed a couple of times and left in robot mode on display might just do the trick. Even if it was left, the weight of the upper body would have worn down the friction a bit.

3. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Mine has the same issue, he leans ever so slightly backwards, so yes I'd say it's an issue with the mold.

4. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Thanks for the input, guys.
    Sounds like I may need to prop him up a little; still dig the hell out of him.