G1 or TCC Piranacon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Aug 8, 2008.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a couple of complete G1 Seacons (Overbite and Skalor) and wanted a few opinions. Should I complete a G1 Piranacon or just buy the new TCC one? I like both sets as far as colors (well, except TCC Snaptrap's yellow gun.) I also don't need to have stands for all the Seacons since I would not display them in weapon mode. Any help would be appreciated :) 

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Personally, I prefer G1 colours so I'd go with that if you've got the money. On the other hand, TCC is essentially the same thing but for a lower price :) 

(still prefer G1 :D )

3. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Personally I like the G1 colour scheme better, so I would go and try and complete your set. If you honestly had the option though, I would go after God Neptune as that colour scheme blows both of them out of the water.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

They're both pretty ugly in my opinion. I agree with jourdo, if it's just about getting the mold, God Neptune is the best looking of the bunch.

5. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like God Neptune, but I'd like to have all 6 Seacons. I'm still unsure what the best option would be. If I bought TCC Piranacon, I'd have to buy G1 Piranacon's gun and fists to break up the yellow. If I buy the remaining members of G1 Piranacon, I'll end up paying around $40 for each of them and there's no guarantee they'll be in decent shape.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

G1 color all the way, although TCC is much easier and cheaper to come by. Your call.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    G1 all the way, specifically because of the yellow.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tough call... this poor mold has never had a truly outstanding color scheme; even the least-offensive BW2 version comes off a bit boring.

Personally I like the upcoming club release better than the G1 colors... but what I wouldn't give for something like black and grey with gold, burgundy & teal highlights. Something that would bear out the menacing look of the mold.

9. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    That's why you take the time and research what you're going to buy. Myself, I don't rely a whole lot on ebay auctions - I buy most of my toys from this site or transformerland.com - the descriptions on there are always dead on. If you try that site, look for the "NEAR MINT" description, the toy will look like new.

Of course all this comes down to patience. If you want mint (and I'm with you on that) then you have to take the time to scout and shop. It may take months or even years, but in the end you'll have a toy that you're happy with. It took me six months to find a "NEAR MINT" description (on transformerland.com) for a G1 Devastator - but I finally found one. He looks like he just came out of the box.

I'm with everyone else, finish the G1 collection.

10. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm excited to get the TCC Seacons, because I really like the colors and it's a much easier way to get a complete set... a G1 Pirranacon set would be one of the last things I'd try and track down.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Here's another vote in favor of G1 Piranacon.