G1 Optimus vs TFPrime Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by bumble prime 2, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Prime is currently the better character. That said, PrimePrime has a hell of a lot more potential; time will tell exactly how good of a character he'll end up being.

2. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At first, I thought it was just bad writing or the writers trying to make him similar to Bayformers Prime that deprived Prime Prime of his personality. It is actually turning out that the writers are deliberately trying to make him as personality-less as possible.

It really seems like Optimus is as much a casualty in this war as any of the Decepticons he slays.

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    This

4. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

I dont like either G1 or TFP Optimus, but G1 Optimus was still better.

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    If "Prime" Optimus Prime can be discredited for anything right now. In my opinion. Its for not addressing the responsible Autobots or Humans. A early example of this in the five parter. blaming bulkhead for getting the kids into the warzone. When Arcee was in charge at the time. Also more recently. Miko in T.M.I. praised her actions that consistently put bulkhead at risk. And ruined negotiations for the canister.

I like this Prime. He cares about his team and Has to uphold the integrity of a primes command. See "decepti con-job" for his formality around Wheeljack. He sees potential for both good and evil in the humans. He does not over glorify them like the writers could easily make him. Up Until "One shall fall part 1" Prime had avoided a direct attack on the decepticons. Typically he does'nt force conflict. The autobots are always in a defense or diffusive position because of this. Its a subtle hint throughout the series that Prime has witnessed even more loss than Arcee has. Arcee is probably going though a stage of revenge and mourning that Optimus Prime went though long ago.

"Masters and students" is a good episode with Prime. Attempting to make allies with his old enemy Skyquake. Seeing the potential for good in the decepticons as cybertronians first. When they make the choice to be instruments of destruction and threaten sentient, significant life. That's when he fights back.

I think that provocation is what G1 Optimus Prime kind of feels like. At least in his bio card.

Prime has done very little so far in the series. But what I have seen of him is a prime that is Heroic, brave, compassionate and even regally noble.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can still say Prime is pretty stoic after seeing that scene. I mean really, what emotion did he have there? He was just sucking it up, but he didn't really show any real emotion still. And when I say emotionless I don't mean literally emotionless like a typical man made robot. But he still barely shows any. And the show makes a point of it. It's not even an opinion that he lacks a display of emotion; it's a damn fact.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Watch Faster, Stronger. When Ratchet is going on about Prime's mistakes.
    There is a lot portrayed by his body language and eye movements. Like he can't deny any of it.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Not showing emotion doesn't ever mean one doesn't FEEL emotion. Prime's apparently aren't programmed or they're trained not to show what they're feeling, it would be seen as a weakness, especially by the Cons.

Also, watch the body language, and especially Prime's eyes and face, the animators do a nice job of showing emotion, Prime just doesn't voice it.

It's hard to choose between G1 Prime and TFP Prime...to me, they are both impressive leaders, so a tie.

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    G1 Optimus is more active, i like him more.

10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Screw Both those guys I going for Animated Optimus.

11. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

Holy shit, this actually a tough decision!..I think im going to go with TFP Optimus, but G1 is very close behind

12. badbotsarehot

badbotsarehot Aerialbot/Seeker

it's already been said a hundred times lol, but i agree: G1 is my all-time fave, but TFP still has lots of time to develop. i don't think we'll see Optimus partying any time soon or playing hoops, but there's another side of him in there somewhere.

also, i wouldn't say he'd COMPLETELY emotionless either... remember the end of Shadowzone when he smiles? Also, he tells Raf he's going to bring him a snowball in Scrapheap - although he's not showing emotion per say, what he says is very caring.

13. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

TFP Optimus is just channeling G1 Prowl to dickfinity, is all.

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    G1 Optimus, as many have said, was more of a fun leader. He knew when to lighten up and when to get serious. He was perfect in that way, maybe too perfect by today's standards. Though TFP Optimus has been very reserved and 'bland' for much of the series so far, it's made him an intriguing character that you really want to learn more about. There's a deep story from him just waiting to be revealed. So both Primes have their merits for me.

I don't think he has much of a pastime, other than standing and monitoring the computers for signs of trouble or driving about on patrols. He's constantly vigilant.

I'm in agreement with much of your analysis of TFP Optimus here. Up until recently, he's been leading the 'bots to fight reactively and defensively rather than offensively. He's not been out to defeat and destroy the Decepticons, simply to neutralize their threats. I get the sense this stems from his desire to end the fighting and because he still holds some hope for peace with his former 'brother', Megatron. After a war that has lasted so long, i think he's just weary of it all and has no motivation to push combat further.

It's interesting that I think Jack and Arcee have been representative of Optimus in his earlier stages of life, Jack akin to Optimus as he was before the war and Arcee paralleling him as he might have been early in the war when he could have been at his most angry and vengeful. Maybe the latter is somthing we'll see for the season finale.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dickfinity is my new fav word

16. ninjagazz

ninjagazz Active Member

Ratchet said Prime used to like Jack, that's a pretty big change and I'm looking forward the exploring Prime's past and what caused that change, I think there is plenty of room in there for development which might just tip the balance of which i Prime prefer.

17. bumble prime 2

bumble prime 2 Member

Why

Why was Optimus rude yes I said rude. He just said no in a rude voice.