g1 Optimus Prime Vs. Movieverse Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Oct 25, 2009.

?

Which Prime comes out on Top?

1. G1 Optimus Prime

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Movieverse Optimus Prime

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Who do you think will come out on top?

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Movie Optimus. He's fucking brutal, unlike G1 Optimus.

3. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    movie prime would snap g1s rifle in half, pour the gun powder/energon into his hand, throw it at g1s head, then he would light him on fire. then he would steal his face

4. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

We all know that g1 prime would get f***ed up in this fight. Movieverse prime would then steal his trailer.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    as much as I love G1 prime's character, and design, movie prime would win in a fight. he doesnt show mercy, like G1 prime does. he collects faces instead. he's a highly skilled warrior that does what it takes to get the job done. not standing around pointing a gun at his enemy, talking to him.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No question it'd be Movieverse Prime.

7. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

Movieverse Prime.

8. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Prime.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

This is a joke question, right? Prime from a universe where Transformers can't even withstand human weapons, or Prime who can take fusion cannon blasts to the chest without a scratch? Hmm, let me think...

10. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think it boils down to this: If Movie Prime can get close enough to use his swords, he wins. G1 Prime will crush him if it's from a distance

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Energon axe > swords.

12. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Bayverse OP, simply bc he's more vicious and evil than G1 Prime.

13. An-Tan

An-Tan is a girl.

Movie Prime. No doubt about it.

14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    okay movie prime is good but if it was a fight to the death movie prime would lose.... why you ask cause the weaponry in g1 has no effect on optimus and co at all where humans in movies vs can get hurt by weapons such as normal aterlery meening movie primes weapons would be useliss and close combat have you all forgotten g1 has an energon axe and then there the fact her has a mini base for his tralier that counts for alot to

15. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I love both Primes. But I have to go with Movie Prime. Why? G1 Prime would just talk to the enemy instead of finishing him off already, and he loses everytime FOR THAT. He hasn't got any better weaponry than Movie Prime, either. He has an energon axe and a ion blaster, in contrast to movie Prime's battle blades that can be transformed into hooks or anything like that, two barrage cannons (which are nuclear weapons with an explosive radius. How did you think he threw Megs through a building with ONE shot?), two ion blasters, and it seems like one or both sets of weapons have a sniper module (his gun is longer in the Shanghai fight). Plus, movie Prime doesn't enjoy killing either, but he knows it has to be done if he wants his cause to become true. Something G1 Prime will never realize. You can't reason with the Decepticons, they're ALL corrupted by the Fallen, like their leader. Movie Prime shows quick, clean deaths, that's why he aims for the face. I'm sure if he aimed somewhere else fans would go "OMG PRIME'S RUINED HE TORTURES ENEMIES BY SHOOTING THEM IN ALL THEIR BODY INSTEAD OF SHOOTING THEIR HEADS OR SPARKS HE'S RUINED!!!", so I don't really understand what's the thing everyone has with Prime's strategy. He ripped off the Fallen's face to show that the Fallen was a weak, puny, waste of metal and that he was never a true Prime. Something like unmasking. So, movie Prime would kill G1 Prime, both in ranged and close combat.

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    While some of yalls POV's are right what Movie Prime is missing is patience,he just does
    without thinking,but G1 Prime is logical,and he thinks before he reacts.But IMO both Primes
    are equally formidable,so I think it would be a draw as they both have strengths and
    weaknesses.

17. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd put my money on G1 Prime. He's a very powerful and highly skilled warrior. He's a sharp shooter too, so he's just as dangerous from a distance as he is in close quarters combat. G1 Prime has the wisdom of the Matrix to boot.

18. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    First of all, the question is pretty vague. Most here are assuming it means who would win in a fight. However, the question is simply "which Prime comes out on top?". This could mean many things, such as which is the best characterization of Optimus Prime or which is the better design.

If indeed the question is "who would win in a fight?", then I'd have to say firstly that even though movie Prime shows now mercy to Decepticons, I don't see him fighting another incarnation of himself - especially G1 Prime. He's much more ruthless when at war and has shown impatience in critical situations, though he still exhibits traits of being a noble and just leader who believes that freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

If for some reason movie Prime and G1 Prime were to find themselves in an all-out fight, I'd say movie Prime would win because he doesn't show mercy to his opponents. Even in G1 Prime's ultimate (and final) fight scene, he ended up giving Megatron just enough mercy and ended up dead as a result. G1 Prime would be too just to be able to win over another incarnation of himself.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Optimus would rip G1's arm off, then shove it up his butt, cut his legs, piss on his nearly dead body then eat his head.

Then he would pose to the camera while Linkin Park plays.

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    No Prime beats G1 Prime.

One of the more powerfull handgunds you have to look for, it is portraied vert badly in the cartoon. In fact it is extreymly powerfull, a leader with a peeshooter is not happening.

Energon Axe, pure power, will cut most things upp.

Roller and the trailer gives G1 prime an edge vs movie prime because he can attack from two angels. Some will call this cheating but prime trailer is a part of him and is counted in this match if he decides to use it but I dont think he needs to.

Matrix, G1 Prime as million and millions of years of leadership in him and all of his own.

We all know Prime is a way way way better fighter and leader then the cartoon give him props to be. He takes out how many decepticons in the movie and takes on Megs aswell. Prime is Prime for a reason.

Movie Prime is not bad either but he is not G1.