G1 Optimus Prime vs Movie Bumble Bee

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

You think Movie Bumble Bee is like a hero and popular to kids today as G1 Optimus Prime was to us back then? To me Prime was more of a hero and way more popular than Movie Bumble Bee

2. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

As much as Optimus was cool in G1, I always thought he was to kind to the Decepticons letting them escape whereas Bee (movieverse) was brutal and funny at the same time. Thats just my opinion though

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Really, no Movie character can compare to G1 Optimus Prime in terms of being a noble, heroic, almost fatherly figure.

Certainly not Movie Optimus Prime, I'll tell you that. He's like your alcoholic step-uncle who is really awesome and does awesome stuff, but you're always terrified whenever you're around him.

Popularity-wise, I suppose Bumblebee's popular with the kids. But a lot more kids nowadays know about Transformers than there were when G1 was around, and Bumblebee's pretty much being shoved down everyone's throats by now.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    In terms of sheer popularity? That's honestly tough. I'd be inclined to say Bumblebee in all honesty. TFs is just more well known and BB is insanely popular.

5. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is being marketed to kids from the beginning of this whole movie thing. G1 Optimus Prime got his marketing blitz in 1985. How it will end up? Not sure. Is the basic question here that in 25 years, are adults going to remember Bumblebee like current adults remember G1 Optimus Prime?

6. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

It's hard to say.

The number of people in the world AND people who were exposed to Transformers in 1984-1986 is a lot less to the number of people today.

As for myself....G1 Optimus Prime, the symbol of hope, nobility, and heroism.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    G1 Optimus Prime.

Because he doesn't take faces or shelfwarm.

8. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Idk. Bumblebee is on the big screen for everyone to see. Everyone loves him. I love him. I think he is just a little more popular than G1 Prime

9. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Yeah but remember the kids reaction when Prime died in the 86 Movie? Kids cried locked themselves in their room parents had to pull them out of the theater back, plus they had to bring Prime back cause of the fans, but if Soundwave would of killed Bumble Bee it wouldnt of been the same as kids crying and locking themselves in their room, they would of been like Wow Bumble Bee died and that would of been it.

10. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    How do you know how kids today would react if Bee had died in DOTM? It didn't happen. I get it, you hate Bee so much you wanted him to die in DOTM. But that didn't happen, so get over it, instead of making two threads just to express your hatred for Bee.

11. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I'd think you'd have to ask kids about that one. Next time I'm at a family gathering, I think I'll get some feedback from some of the younger boys in my family.

All I can say for sure right now is that if my kids honestly looked up to movie Bumblebee as their hero, I would slap them upside the head and force them to watch a highlight reel of Beast Wars Dinobot over and over again.

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I was actually talking about the '86 movie to one of my students today. Told him how Optimus died. Mentioned how when I was a kid, I cried in the theaters and that my mom said LOTS of kids cried. The boy just laughed. I asked what if they killed Bumblebee in the movie, he stopped and said, "I would cry". Then I laughed.

13. S.A.A.M.

S.A.A.M. Beta-Maximus

What, no tears for Ironhide?! 1986 or 2011?

Bee might be more popular today than Prime was back then. However, given the desensitized nature of today's kids, they might actually look at face-ripping-pyscho Prime in the same heroic light as we did G1 Prime. Just a thought.

14. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Trust me I had tears in my eyes when Ironhide died in both Movies.