G1 Optimus Prime vs G1 Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus33, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

^ Did most of you miss the part where Megatron was reaching for a gun?

Optimus was so seriously injured by that time (he got hit several times in his side: during his run through the Decepticons, Megatron aiming for it with his fusion cannon, Megatron slicing it open with a not-lightsabre, Megatron throwing a piece of shrapnell in it) that Optimus who is one of the best sharp shooters among the Autobots and can "burn a hole in the nosecone of a Decepticon jet fighter at a distance of 30 miles" knew that he was unable to avoid hitting Hot Rod even though most of Megatron's body was unshielded, and they were only seperated by a few meters.

If Hot Rod hadn't interferred the best outcome would've been that both killed each other and a possible outcome would've been that Optimus was the only one to get killed.

(Of course, if Hot Rod had thought for a mere second he would've used those blasters mounted on his lower arms and fired them in Megatron or in his direction.)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Galvatron III

Galvatron III Decepticon God!

Galvatron is boss

• Like Like x 1
  3. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

My personal theory is that Galvatron got a lot of his power from Unicron. Once he was (mostly) killed, Galvatron lost a great deal of his strength; making him closer in raw power to his levels as Megatron. So Optimus and Galva should still be pretty evenly matched.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Rodimus did somethings wrong but Optimus was just bullshitting and didn't finish Megatron off when he had the chance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    This sounds familiar. Maybe it was suggested in one of the Marvel comics.

That said, when Galvatron traveled back in time to before Unicron had been (mostly) destroyed, would his power still be boosted even though Unicron hadn't made him yet? Would Unicron even feel and recognise the presence of one of his future creations traveled back in time, even if that being hadn't actually been created by him yet?

Of course, then you get in further murky waters because when Galvatron went back in time he stated that being that far from Unicron (in time) also meant his 'Master' couldn't read him and punish him.

6. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'm just going to go with Optimus.

Optimus for president!

7. AE Overlord

AE Overlord AE Legend

Ebay:
    Post-Unicron Galvatron would be near the same as a matrix bearing Optimus Prime. Ultra Magnus has always been a 2nd rate Prime similar to Rodimus. The given history between Galva/Megatron and Optimus would indicate that op would have the advantage over a lava bath mentally damaged Galvatron. Even after the Webworld intervention, Galvatron was never near the level he was as Megatron. To really mess with this debate, Galvatron is remade into SuperMegatron and beaten by StarConvoy, the reforged Optimus Prime in the battlestars series of manga. In the end, Optimus Prime will always win; cause that's just what he does.

8. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

Galvatron>Megatron>Optimus Prime

• Like Like x 2
  9. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Galvatron is not Megatron.
    You really can not compare the power levels of the two.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Altered Prime

I'm guess you guys did not read the Marvel comics adaptation of the film.

in it, HotRod never interfered in the fight, Megatron still got the drop on Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Targetmaster Kup

Targetmaster Kup バーウィップグラーナウィーピニボン

Ebay:
    Galvatron!

12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

It would have been funny if Hot Rod fired as you suggested but missed Megatron, hitting Prime instead.

I always felt that Galvatron could still draw power from Unicron in Target 2006.

When he returned, didn't his power siphon atop the volcano make him more powerful?

I'm sure he said he'd already drawn power from it before the Autobots had even arrived.

The Predacons beat up Prime. Megatron defeated Predaking.

I don't like Optimus being depicted as so powerful. It adds to the drama when the villain, in this case Megatron, is more powerful than the hero.

Though I don't like how Galvatron has usually been depicted as insane (I hated it in the Marvel comics as I loved how cunning he was in Target 2006), I did like that Marvel UK made him ridiculously powerful.

13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Just a friendly reminder in this debate is that to Optimus, a draw is still a win because that means he stopped Galvatron/Megatron. So, if it's a tie (they both cease to function in some capacity), the win is actually Optimus's.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RVeaks1973

RVeaks1973 Ghost in the Machine.

Yeah but he wouldn't have beat him if prime would have done his job and just killed megatron. He had him dead to rights.

15. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I could see Optimus outsmarting Galvatron, but whether or not he'd win would likely come down to whether Galvatron is crazy or not. If Galvatron is calm, collected, and pre-having his brain circuits fried, Optimus would put up a heck of a fight, but he'd probably lose. If Galvatron is crazy blind rage post-having his brain circuits fried, Optimus would likely win the fight by out-thinking Galvatron. Galvatron's advantages are strength and raw power, whereas Optimus Prime has speed (turning into a moving vehicle) and intelligence on his side, and they're both evenly matched in fighting skill. It really comes down to whether or not Galvatron is crazy enough to give in to blind rage (though even sane, he was still undone by his rage in Target: 2006). It could go either way, but again, Galvatron's sanity is the factor that one would use to measure the probability of victory or defeat for Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RVeaks1973

I believe Galvatron would have killed Optimus, he was more of a sociopath than megatron, Megatron always failed, he was always worried more about destroying earth by stealing it's natural resources instead of taking out their enemies. If the autobots were true protectors and respected all life they would have destroyed the few to save the many

17. Altered Prime

Do you mind explaining this to me? I could see were you saying that a tie is not exactly a loss, but if it’s a win then it’s a win for both not just one of them

18. Altered Prime

Prime was already pretty much beat by that point
    True projectors do not deliberately destroyed any

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  19. RVeaks1973

Prime died before megatron was converted to galvatron, we dont know how long megatron and the others would lived after they were thrown out of astrotrain before unicron found them

20. Altered Prime

That doesn’t answers the question

The win isn’t determined by who dies first

Also for all we know those events took place at the exact same time