G1 Optimus Prime question...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptimusPrime85, Aug 29, 2011.

1. OptimusPrime85

OptimusPrime85 Member

Hey folks, I have a question about the G1 Optimus Prime figure. Does anyone know how the missile launcher that's inside the trailer is supposed to work?? Mine doesn't seem to work and I've opened mine up to see what's wrong, but I don't seem to see what could be preventing it from firing like it should. I'm sure the missiles fire, because there are buttons and springs in there, I just need a pic of the internals of a working launcher, if anyone has an extra one, so I can see how I can fix mine.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well for what it's worth, mine never fired either. The missiles just plug in there, and the trigger seemed liked a dud. I've never opened it up or anything, and the fact that mine's a G2 (same, but with a black trailer) might not help you, but yeah.

3. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    The American version was dumbed down because of US safty standards. Thats also why the roller barely launches. The missles on the original Japanese version, and the Japanese reissues really fly, and the roller car goes like five feet.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  4. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

Yeah that was kinda before the warnings for small parts not for children under 3....My old one didn't work....but I would just leave Prime in either Semi and trailer mode or Bot mode...but thats me.

5. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I think the G2 trailer came without the springs.

6. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The springs in all my old G1 toys back in the day had super crappy springs. I can easily see them not really having much oomph left considering what they started with, lol.

Note: this is for NA release toys.