G1 Optimus Prime over-sized decoys - Info & Pics

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Resources Database Submissions' started by The Crazy Collector, Jul 16, 2012.

1. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Produced by Maruka Toys, these keshigomu (large decoys) were packaged on blister cards in three colors: red, green, and yellow. They are molded in a soft rubber material (similar to the smaller decoys) and included stickers that could be applied to the non-posable figures. Only Megatron and Optimus Prime were produced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I remember ninety bought one of the Megatron ones at Botcon 2011. Remind me please, were these licensed or unofficial, and when was the date of release (roughly, a year will be fine).

Any extra info you've got to help me set up a resource page for this will be appreciated.

3. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Sorry for the delayed response.... Was camping for a few days with no internet access! :eek: 

These are offically licensed items. On the back of the figures is a copyright stamp that reads "C Takara 1986" on the first line, and "Made in Japan" on the second line.

[​IMG]

Also, there's a small, square, orange sticker on the upper left corner of the front of the cardback that shows Takara's logo.

Unfortunately, I don't know what year they were released, but if I had to guess I'd say 1986 or '87. Hope that helps!

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits: