G1 Optimus Prime Never Died

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Darth Fitch, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Darth Fitch

Darth Fitch Herald of Golobulus

I don't have a story, but more a premise I wanted to float by you all. We all saw Optimus Prime die in TF:TM back in 2006, then he was reanimated in Dark Awakening, then "brought back to life" in The Return of Optimus Prime.

This never sat well with me on many levels, and I understand this was Hasbro trying to correct a huge blunder. They resurrected him with virtually no REAL explanation. (What, the Quints have God power?!?)

It dawned on me, the other day, a way to explain it that totally makes sense... Borrowing from the Horcrux idea from Harry Potter.

Remember that Prime isn't just a robot, but his robot form is only part of three. The robot, the command deck in his trailer and roller. His tech specs clearly state, "Injury to one module is felt by the other two." But it doesn't say they DIE if one of the others does. Now if Prime's spark exists in all three components, then if one of them is destroyed (like his robot form in the movie) then why couldn't the body be rebuilt and the spark refused with that part. The specs also specified that the three components were "autonomous", which by definition means Self-governing. Governing independently. Acting on one's own. Acting independently. One could argue that means my theory doesn't work, but I don't think so. They can work independently, but still be of the same spark.

Like the Horcrux theme in Harry Potter (albiet less evil) his spark was still functional, which the Quints could have taken advantage of.

In Dark Awakening, they could have simply borrowed part of his spark from one of the two components that would have probably been stored aboard the Mausoleum.

In The Return, the captured Quint would have done the same thing. Repaired his (rather abused) body, and fused some of his spark from the command deck, or Roller.

So, why wouldn't the Autobots have done this to repair Prime after the battle? Easy, the only ones who KNEW about Prime's secret would have been his Doctor, his creator, and perhaps his love. Ratchet had just died in the shuttle. Alpha Trion was long since merged with Vector Sigma (not exactly the help desk). Elita One was not seen since Season Two, so perhaps she was gone.

What do you think? Any holes to this theory? Logically, I think it can totally explain everything...

2. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    My only problem is that in the G.1 cartoon there was never mentioning of sparks to my knowledge... remember how Starscream made the combaticons ? he managed to get their personality components on Cybertron... Primes may have been intact too.

3. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

well the trailer and rollor went into subspace just before prime and meg's duel, so prime couldn't get them out, and acsessing it may be beyond autobot science, but at the level of quintesson science maybe?

4. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

well the whole subspace thing is fan made, but going on that if prime being a autobot could do it why not the others. as for primes spark being split betwen him and his drones i dont know? i never thought of roller and his trailer as anthing more then just drones.

5. Darth Fitch

Great comments. True, it's all fiction, and I agree the subspace thing was fan made. If they were in subspace, that would work if the Quints knew how to retrieve them but the Autobots did not.

red00wolf, perhaps using Prime's spark into the three components came from either wisdom from the Matrix, or ancient techniques that Alpha Trion engineered.

Something like that.

6. JLBarnett

JLBarnett Well-Known Member

Actually they said that the trailer and Roller couldn't survive without Prime.

7. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Great theory! In fact in one of IDW's comics, Prime downloads his personality onto his trailer to survive a decepticon attack, so I think it's completely possible and stablishis a logic resolution

8. Darth Fitch

Thanks

JLBarnett, who is "They"?

9. SavageThunder

SavageThunder Stalking the Shadows...

I see no holes in your theory.

10. Darth Fitch

Thanks! :) 

11. SavageThunder

SavageThunder Stalking the Shadows...

no prob! i dont critisize people much at all. its just only when critiscism is needed that i critisize.... woah, too much of that word...