G1 Optimus Prime MIB

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omegax80, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I have a shot to buy an MIB G1 Prime for $200.

Everything is there, all parts and whatnot. Box in decent shape.

Prime looks really good too.

Opinions? Is it worth $200??

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

First of all, is it definitely genuine?

If so, ask yourself how important the condition the box is in (although I am sure you have already done that!). If it is real and everything meets your criteria otherwise, then it's not a horrible deal, but it does sound like a price at the upper end of the scale.

G1 Prime has had a few reissues so the price of an original shouldn't be excessively high. Others may disagree with me, but I guess in the end it all depends on how bad you want him and if you can afford it.

3. Omegax80

News Credits:
    It certainly was genuine. I just don't know... $200 is a lot to me. I saw on ebay the average sale on a G1 Prime MIB was about $200....

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just buy the KO box from KO toys and save yourself a lot of money. G1 Prime has been reissued so many times I wouldn't even buy a MIB original for 100. For 200, buy the Jafcon Black Prime

EDIT: See

[​IMG]

you won't regret it!

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    This is my input.

I love originals and will pay for them. I sava a Prime to my liking and the price was 300$, yes I bought it and I have not regretted it since then.

The toy is baisicly applied with stickers and never played with. The box is almost perfect and even hve the stickers of the price tag on it.

All parts are there and in prisitin condition as the main toy. I love this piece that I custom made a case for him from Oscars cases

It all comes down to how much you are willign to pay to have a original. sure there is reissues and kos and if your fine with that then thats cool. But if your like me and want that original felling then a complete minty original is what you should go after.

This is my piece in his custom box.

[​IMG]

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    You want it. Get it.
    Buyer's guilt only last a few weeks :wink: 

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i saw one in a terrible shape box for $300 at a convention, i almost busted out laughing

8. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forgot to ask but why are you interested in this Prime? Is it the box, figure, or both?

If its both I'd do it because you could easily justify the price. However, if its just for the box or figure, you should at least entertain the cheaper alternatives. Of course, if money is no object, BUY IT!

9. Omegax80

News Credits:
    It's the whole thing. Prime, box, the completeness of it, which is something my collection has been lacking.

Money isn't exactly flowing here, which is why this is such a hard decision.

10. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Its a big decision, and you have got to really love G1 Prime to pay that much, considering you could get MP04 and a reissue G1 Prime for that price.

But if you are after a nice minty Optimus Prime that is 25 odd year old and still looks great, then go for him.

11. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

@Omega

Here's a cheaper alternative.

Anyhow, how can you be sure the figure you've been offered is vintage? As long as it's not in a sealed box, I can't see how you could be sure since there's been a lot of KOs made. No offence though, I've just previously been had with a 'vintage' OP :thumbs2: 

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

If money isn't flowing, get a re-issue or the KO. With all the reissues and KO's of Prime, I just don't see the point in the originals anymore.

13. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that is a good deal! :thumbs2:  Plus, I know most people don't like wheeljackslab but i've been buying from the guy since 2000 and never had any problems.

14. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

$200 for a MIB Prime seems too much to me, especially with all the reissues out there.

15. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering your financial limitations and the fact that there are so many good and cheaper alternatives (reissues) to get an G1 Optimus Prime, I'd definitely NOT buy a $200 MIB one.
    I'd especially recommend the Takara Encore Optimus prime: it's one of the best and most original looking reissues, as well as being one of the cheapest you will find mint in a sealed box. There's a lot of them on eBay: this one is USA based, with very reasonable shipping costs; and there are cheaper ones from Asia, but the higher shipping costs will push up those prices, of course.

16. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

$200 seems like a lot,and if money is tight I would wait for something better to come along.