G1 Omega Supreme head gun help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by entITy, Mar 4, 2012.

1. entITy

entITy G 1

How do I pull out the full red broken gun piece on back of Omega head to insert a new one I just bought?

Do I pinch the plastic or try breaking it all off or take the head off, if so how ?

[​IMG]

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If it was me I'd dismantle the head. I don't own Omega Supreme but I do own the old Omegatron and Space Tank sets which are pretty much the same mold and I took one apart once to fix a broken head gun. I don't have mine to hand right now but I'm fairly certain it was just a simple case of undoing the screw under the visor and then unclipping the top of his head to get at the gun mounting gubbins inside. Those clips can break though so be careful with that.
    I don't think you can just break off the old gun and poke a new one into the slots without opening the head and expect it to work.

Of course I take no responsibility if anything gets broken while doing any of this.

How is it actually broken? Inside or outside?

3. entITy

entITy G 1

The red gun is broke in half (outside back of head the long straight cannon part snapped in half).

How do I open visor to get inside head ?

My figure is original model, I don't think visor opens. If I take off head the gears that turn his head will fall out.