2D Artwork: G1 Octane

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by gdpwatson, Jun 11, 2010.

1. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've posted anything on the TFW2005 boards. Mostly cos the standard of art on here is usually so high and I get a little intimidated... but also cos I became a daddy at the start of the year and as it turns out that's alot of hard work!

Well not only has it been a while since I posted here but in general I haven't really been drawing much this year and seeing as how I was only getting back into things over the past couple of years taking time off probably isn't a good idea.

To help me get back into the swing of things I've been doing some warm-up pieces to ease me into my next Mosaic. In this instance I opted to try my hand at one of the few toys I had as a child. This is my take on G1 Octane or Tankor to use his current moniker!

Overall I am very happy with this piece. There are still plenty of areas that require attention by me where I still continue to fall down but there are some other areas here where I actually feel like I've made some improvements.

Anyway I hope you guys like my version of G1 Octane.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    A bit disproportioned, but apart of that really great linework!

3. gdpwatson

Fair point. I did kind of think he looked a little stumpy! He's a minibot now! lol! Thanks for the comments Murasame.

4. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

love the level of detail you've put into him, get this badboy coloured!

5. gdpwatson

Thanks so much. I'm not really colouring anymore so unless someone wants to take a stab at it octane won't be coloured. :(