G1 Needlenose's Tailfin

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Red Hope, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This one is for those G1 targetmaster experts...

I bought a Needlenose not long ago. Obviously his tailfin is MIA - a typical issue. After glancing at eBay, I saw the current Needlenoses are also missing their tailfins. Is it incredibly hard to get a Needlenose with a tailfin? Or is it possible to purchase just the tailfin? :confused: 

2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I was in the market for one it wasn't too difficult to find one with the tailfin. I never saw a stand alone tailfin auction though.

3. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

It's not impossible, you just have to look around a little and be patient.

There was someone on the board who once had a Needlenose tailfin up for sale, but that's long gone now. Just keep hunting. :( 

4. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you recall how much you paid for the complete one...?

Lunar Archivist, I was thinking about posting a want ad over yonder to see if anybody happens to have one. I couldn't guess if people held onto the tailfin.

Either of y'all know why the tailfin goes missing? Does it just pop off easily?

5. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Another possibility would be to try finding a junker with the tailfin intact and doing a tailfinectomy. :) 

Anything's worth a shot. In my three years of active collecting, I've seen some weird stuff being saved and sold on eBay and you never know when this crap might come in useful. In one cheapo lot I won, I actually found the Headmaster chest meter mechanism for Hardhead, Hun-Grrr's head, and the back of Wheeljack's torso. I ended up giving the latter to my seller friend because an acquaintance of his needed exactly that part and eventually swapped Hun-Grrr's head for one that was damaged.

The bottom line is that the odds are in your favor that a few people out there did save it. :) 

That would be my guess. You see the same issue fairly often with Blast Off's tailfin and Snapdragon's wings. Honestly, if a moving part can somehow be separated from the main body of a toy during play without breaking it, chances are that some kids out there actually did it.

6. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

That's a pretty tall order, but I guess anything is possible. I once bought a dirt cheap junker G1 Ratchet complete with the red gun post and some other stuff. :thumbs2: 

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The tailfin comes off very easily - my old Needlenose lost his by complete accident years ago for whatever reason. I found it again soon after, but it detachs very easily especially in the hands of a child.