G1 music restoration project../

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by KMITB, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

Well, about a year ago, he did seem very confidant that there would be a release. But we haven't heard anything for awhile. Still, this doesn't mean it's not happening. These sort of things can take time. Aside from the actual production, it can take a long time to sort out all the boring legal stuff.

I found this:
    https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=114518&forumID=1&archive=0

Apparently they are going to do an official release of Robert Buckley's score for Reboot. Seems it was ready a year ago but they're still working on the rights. If it does happen, then there's hope for Beast Wars and Beast Machines. Hell, maybe even Shadow Raiders! That would personally be my favourite.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I get the point that you're trying to make - and you're not wrong. At the same time, fans were willing to give money to get SOMETHING. Jimbo stepped up and basically said "if you buy me the software, I'll do it". The fans gave him money. And he did it. Even if the quality isn't where it should be professionally, it's more than we had, and it's the best we got. Agreed that the source material means there's no way it'll be professional because of the amount you lose because of the ancient sound recording from 80's cartoons.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never read so much nonsense! You’re wrong - we did support ‘the project’. The premise was totally transparent, we all paid what we felt like paying, and we all got a G1 soundtrack out of it - more than likely the best that will ever be available.

So what if the guy gets some software out of it? Good for him! I call that a win win situation. Why on earth would you think we were oblivious to this as if it was some big con? If that fills you with disgust I truly pity you and your terrible outlook on life.

Your analogy similarly fails. If warzone taxi guy delivered on rescuing the poor people then my support would have contributed to that and that would be my reward and reason for supporting it in the first place. So what if he keeps his truck? Another win win.

You just come across as jealous and bitter about someone gaining something for considerable effort. Sucks to be you.

• Like Like x 19
  4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Thats cool. I hope they do put it out. But as I stated earlier, I would be worried about corporate decisions an official version might have like: This track is only 7 seconds long, we dont need to put it, or this track is almost the same as the 1986 movie score, lets not put it. This fan made score is so complete he even gave us two versions of the opening theme to include one without the singing. Hasbro wont do that I bet.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Exactly . Well said and put . Including how bad his analogy fails.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

The person complaining in this thread doesn't understand how much time and effort goes into a project like this. All spare time that you could be out trying to push your career along, building a family, improve your finances, or to go out and improve your social life, takes a HUGE sacrifice. I know because I AM DOING THAT SAME THING. I'd honestly rather be going out with friends on Friday and Saturday nights but that takes a back seat and I spend most of my weekend staring at a computer screen when I'm not working just to try and make progress in the fan dub. In an official capacity they are paid for their time and efforts, but in a situation like this we're paid NOTHING and the only reason we do it is because no one else will, especially not in an official capacity by Hasbro or anyone else, and it's something I'VE always wanted to see. As fans we love this stuff and we want to enjoy our Transformers media. But when no one else will, SOMEONE has to step up or it doesn't happen.

As a community we are able to make things like this happen. There's a lot of people who have helped efforts like this. About a decade ago Grimbot began the process from his work by gathering up the original music tracks and editing and arranging them. His work has led to the possibility of fan dubs that sound much more like the G1 Transformers series they are based on. It gave fans SOMETHING they could listen to for G1 Transformers music that was heard in the TV series. Now it seems to have also laid the foundations for talented audio engineers like Jimbo, and continues to help make similar projects like this happen for the benefit of Transformers fans. That all began with gathering and editing the original BGM music. Even if only as an inspiration to say "If he can do it, so can I. We CAN do this. We CAN have the original score of The Transformers!" It's also because of Grimbot that I'm able to have some good audio to use in Headmasters, and now with Jimbo building on that foundation much farther, we have a whole lot more to be thankful for. It's like going Super Saiyan then you level up again and go Ultra Power Super Saiyan. We keep building and being inspired by each other, and together we make good things for our fellow Transformers fans until it hopefully inspires an official release and we go Full Power Super Saiyan 4. :D 

Fact is, as a community we are stronger together and we can create great things when we support each other's efforts. Without Grimbot or Jimbo or anyone who has supported Jimbo, we wouldn't have ANY Transformers G1 original soundtrack music outside of the movie score. I for one, am grateful. And until Hasbro and Sony and whomever else is involved decides to get their acts together, I will consider this as the definitive Transformers OST and continue to be very happy having such a wonderful addition to the Transformers fandom. Any one who is bitter about that, I just have one question for you...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  7. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No he was already willing to do it, but he couldn't justify spending that much of his own hard earned money just so he could then also put in endless hours of graft to do the job.

It's more like a guy wanting to make a statue but he needs money for the tools and the stone.

In the end yeah I guess he gets to keep the tools but the people got the statue they wanted and after all the work he put in he deserves the tools.

When you getting the truck?

• Like Like x 5
  8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

So would a Springer/Kup fusion be named "Sup"?

• Like Like x 1
  9. UltraMagnus3786

I tip my hat to the creator of this magnificent project. Love S3 music.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RoadPigJohn

RoadPigJohn Transformers & 80's Cartoon/Figures Fan

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  11. Greenspan

Greenspan Monetary Maestro

News Credits:
    THANK YOU ! This is very cool to have! I would buy an official Hasbro one but it looks like it'll never happen so I'm glad we got this!

Now I wish we had the same thing for G.I. Joe :D 

• Like Like x 2
  12. UltraMagnus3786

Is there a Wounded I? Pretty sure that would be the music at the end of Dark Awakening after Optimus dies again and his picture appears in the stars. Wounded II is the same theme but just with a different arrangement.

13. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know how he got the track names? Or just made up?

14. RoadPigJohn

RoadPigJohn Transformers & 80's Cartoon/Figures Fan

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Look at the episodes, match them with the songs and the put a name according to the scene...

[​IMG]

15. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Sorry if it's been asked before, but I just downloaded the seasons 2 and 3 tracks, added them to iTunes, but can't change the artwork because they're in .wav format. Does anyone know an easy way around this? I hate having no artwork for albums on iTunes lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beetle

Beetle MACH Daddy

News Credits:
    Try converting them to Apple Lossless. You can do that from within iTunes I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

AIFF format.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Beetle

Beetle MACH Daddy

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's that too... but Apple Lossless (ALAC) is better: smaller file + same audio quality.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Smeg

Smeg Well-Known Member

Looks like the download\'s been removed from MediaFire. Is there an alternate source?

20. StarscreamX

StarscreamX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
    • News Credit News Credit x 1