G1 Music in Return of Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Jan 24, 2011.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Most of the music in G1 was recycled, and of course I have no problem with that. However, in Return of Optimus Prime Part 2, as Dr. Morgan and Dr. Swofford are apologizing to Optimus, there's a bit of music that seems unique to the entire series. Does anyone remember hearing it anywhere else?

=P Another reason that maybe part 2 should've been the last episode in the series instead of the rushed version of Rebirth that we got.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1.) Towards the end of season 3, some new music was created for the upcoming Gi Joe movie, so that's where the theme came from. It shows up in a few other episodes too, like "Call of the Primitives"

2.) Many people feel the way that you do, but hey, it is what it is

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    D-Unit, there's LOADS of new music in season 3: "Nightmare Planet" is the first to contain the new tracks, and the new score is used in every episode thereafter except "Fight or Flee". The OP is referring to a specific tune, which, after listing to the episode briefly, I don't immediately recognize from anywhere else in the series offhand. It wouldn't be the only unique piece of music in the series ("The Killing Jar" has a unique "working together montage" track, the first true new track composed for the third season), but it is uncommon! And they talk over the top of it, boo! :) 

4. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

That particular piece is, I believe, unique to that episode. I don't recall ever hearing it anywhere else....and I just recently watched all of G1 again...so it's relatively fresh in my mind.

Dex

5. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Good ear McFeely! Just checked it out now--very much a "working together" track haha. Could've been a cool opportunity for the animators to use the diaclone colors for Magnus though.