Minor/Repaint: G1 MP scaled Alt Trailbreaker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TigerBlade, May 23, 2012.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I know I'm late to this party but this mould SO suits Trailbreaker better. This is probably my last custom to finish off too (ignoring the Rage of Hercules set to finish off what I did with Herc).

Got an Alt Prime, resprayed, detailed, G1 weaponised, head swapped with Alt Swindle, gun arm from Alt Shockblast and leg modded:

[​IMG]

Size wise next to some other figs:

[​IMG]

He transforms no probs but I'm sure you've all seen the Dodge Ram in black......

Hope you all like :thumb 

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice paint work!!...had you not said that you used an Alt Prime for this, I wouldn't have known. I'd have thought you used a Nemmy Prime as the base.

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :drool: 

4. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

I love this mold for trailbreaker and your paint work looks factory,GREAT JOB !

5. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Yep this mold always suited Trailbreaker better, I can't believe they gave it us as Prime. Looks great! :thumb 

6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Cheers dude, tbh he has been painted for the best part of a year when there was no KO of Nemesis Prime. Now there is one I'd use that instead! Can't complain though, I was literally walking past some market stalls at the time and noticed the red Ram badly mis-transformed. £2.50 later I had the base of Trailbreaker! Funnier still (much later on) is the same market stall had a sealed boxed MP Rodimus at £25......considering they sell for £60 here I snapped his hand off! Suffice to say I am always checking that stall regularly!

:thumb 

Cheers man! There are a few touch ups needed mainly under the main body where you can see a few spots of red but Trailbreaker is red/black so it doesn't bother me all that much.

Cheers man, I know there are some who prefer him as that KO Hummer but that is deviating too far from G1 for my liking. The only thing the Ram is missing is having the windscreen on the front.....besides that he's perfect! If I was gonna be really OCD then I'd either look for a 1/24 kit that has a roof unit for his trailer/build one if I can't find it. Maybe one day but again....I never display in alt mode so it isn't immediately obvious or necessary.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Well done! We talked about this, and here you are! I agree with the earlier comment... the black looks smooth enough to be molded in black plastic. Very nice! :thumb 

zmog

8. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    lol cheers man, well it was you who tipped me off on the leg mod that I totally missed! I was planning on using MP seeker legs/waist and rebuilding the trailer section onto those but I think this turned out just as well and a damn sight easier!

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

In such matters, easier is always a bonus. ;) 

zmog