Customs: G1 Movie Hybrid Optimus Prime (small)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by stprime, Apr 18, 2012.

1. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

so far i've only striped paint and part swapped but my goal is to have a more g1 op. i'll be adding red and silver, a little blue. i really wish the legs were cast grey instead of blue cause i have a feeling it's going to suck trying to match. what do you guys think about the red wheel wells, should i keep them? i kind of like it for contrast. since this will be a hybrid, i want to add the red and blue, while keeping some grey underneath. so i want it to be g1 while keeping some of the movie aesthetic.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think if your goal is making this a blend of G1 and movie aesthetics, you need to remove some of the movie aesthetic sculpt (like the "toes", for instance).

I think that head's a pretty good choice considering the sculpt is a blend of G1 and extra detailing. :thumb 

3. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

i'd like them to be boxed off. i may cut them off. don't have a lot of time right this second

4. froggy124

froggy124 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rather like what you have done so far, nice proportions. Maybe give the crotch part a splash of yellow and the upper parts of the arms some red, I mean the circular parts.
    An autobot sybol maybe?

5. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

thanks. i haven't even started adding paint yet. and i'll be giving him a emblem somewhere. just haven't had much time to work on him.

6. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

Update!!! Yeah, it's been a while. Still needs paint but I'm done part swapping between the three versions of the mold.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: