G1 Molds for 25th Anniversary ??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GreenScream, Oct 14, 2008.

1. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    From Seibertron.com Q&A:

Are you considering releasing any other re-issues of Generation 1 toys like 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime at this time? He’ll be pretty lonely on his own shelf.

We have a few G1 molds that we would like to see come out in Fall 2009,
    but not yet ready to announce as they will likely be retailer exclusives.

G1 molds for the 25th line?!? Retailer exclusives ?? I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Well maybe they have over in the Q&A thread but I'm not about to go through 20+ pages to find out.

So what G1 molds would you like to see? and what G1 molds would most likely see release?

2. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

We'll no doubt see Starscream and Soundwave again due to their popularity, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the TRU reissues from a few years back pop up again. But personally I'd love to see some Headmasters (of course) and some other characters like the Autobot Triple Changers, Blurr, Cyclonus, and Scourge. Maybe even a US release of Galvatron or Sixshot. Most of these are just pipe dreams, though.

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want:

Thrust
    Ramjet
    Wheeljack
    Sunstreaker
    Springer
    Scourge
    Cyclonus
    Octane
    Runamuck
    Runabout
    all 5 Dinobots
    Shockwave
    Jetfire
    Blurr

I don't ask for much...

4. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

What, no partridge in a pear tree?

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ramjet, i doubt..we got him in classics 1.0, u think they'll release one again? i hope for thrust and dirge! complete my coneheads! wheeljack too.. sunstreaker, surely no way? he was just released..springer, i wouldnt mind a triple changer either :D  cyclonus is already confirmed, right? part of the 26 anni? shockwave would be awesome!

6. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I also think since Arcee had no G1 toy, I think it would be neat for them to make an Arcee toy based on the G1 cartoon design to fit in with a G1 collection.

7. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    y'know I think this would be one of the best ideas for an anniversary item. While not necessarily Arcee (who I'd love) I just think the idea of a brand new G1 figure, brick and all would be great.

It would be like the Megaman 9 of transformers!

8. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:

We're talking 25th Anniversary, not Classics/Universe...

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    isnt 25th Anniversary part of the Classics/Universe line?

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It won't include Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, or the Dinobots. Those molds are long gone.

11. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe, but I look at the 25th line as a reissue line since the Prime is a G1 reissue. There's only 1 figure in the line, so it's kinda hard to tell.

True, this has been established a long time ago, but I was listing what I'd like to see...

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Technically yes, but I think your confusion is that you're thinking of new molds, while this thread is meant to talk about possible reissues. Even if a new mold of a character would stop them from reissuing the original version at the same time, all they would need to do is wait till the new one is off shelves to reissue the original.

Personally I'd like to see Soundwave reissued. Yeah a new mold would be great, but it doesn't look like that'll happen any time soon, if at all, in the Universe line. Would be even cooler if they gave a reissue Soundwave a new mold Laserbeak toy similar to that of the Ravage one we're getting as a pack-in with Hound (makes sense to me). Other than him, a Grimlock reissue would be awesome, but as the mold was destroyed along with the other Dinobots, it's extremely unlikely to ever happen.

13. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is a damn shame... The Dinobots have proven to be such a fan favorite. But I'm curious (And please, correct me if this is an obvious answer)...

What is to stop Hasbro or Takara creating a new mold for the character, based off the original toy? We had the WST Dinobots created fairly recently, which were pretty much scale figured of the originals... We've seen KO Dinobots on eBay... Given the popularity of the character, any cost from creating the mold would be offset by what they would earn from selling them...

I dunno, it makes sense to me. Anyone else?

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot the topic... ^^;

Aside from Grimlock and the Dinobots, I'd love to see a reissued Hound, Jazz, Blitzwing... Maybe a Constructicon boxset?

14. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i didnt think that the 25th annivesary line is gonna be a reissue line so i thought it'd be classics styled...if everything's gonna be like the one figure thats been announced (25th ann prime), then i guess ur right..and i agree with the whole list posted in page 1 :D 

15. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am talking about reissues.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'm guessing there's also some reverse engineering costs that pile upon the cost of the mold itself.

17. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    The 25th Anniversary line isn't going to be a reissue line. G1 Optimus Prime looks to be the first figure in the line but everything after wave 3 Universe Deluxe, Voyager, and Ultra are 25th Anniversary figures. For the most part it is going to be like the 25th G.I. Joes with new molds, although being a Transformers line a few repaints of older molds are a given like Vector Prime. Hasbro has already said the line is to pay homage to all Transformers series. We already have some lined up for G1, G2, Armada, Beast Wars, Cybertron, and Robots In Disguise. A few reissues like Starscream, G2 Megatron (since we can't have G1), Hound, and a few other core characters would be nice though.

As far as G1 molds I would like to see:
    Fortress Maximus
    Predaking gift set
    Computron gift set
    Blaster
    Hound
    Starscream
    Thrust
    Hardhead
    Autobot and Decepticon cassette gift sets
    Mini-bot gift sets

18. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Only G1 has been around 25 years, hence the 25th Anniversary. They can call them what they want (like they did Optimus Prime/Universe), as long as their all G1 :rock 

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we may see some of the Encore toys that have been popping up as of late that we haven't seen reissued here before like Metroplex and Omega Supreme. (Maybe Trailbreaker, Blitzwing, Blaster and some Mini-bots too.)

20. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, though it'd be nice for Hasbro to reissue something that hasn't been reissued at all yet.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I can see them just trotting out Jazz, Prowl, Starscream et al again. Would love to be proven wrong!!