G1 Missing Years

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Predakign2000, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

Ok, so what took place between the end of season 2 of G1 and TF:TM?

We flash forward 20 years. Spike married Carley and had Daniel, circa 1995. The Decepticons leave Earth and presumably find a power source. They reconstitute their forces on Cybertron. The Autobots build bases on two of Cybertron's moons. The Autobots build Autobot City. What else happened? I would like to stick the G1 continuity and discount the Dreamwave Comics.

I know this has been done to death, probably. I just want some input from everyone.

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I often wondered who Daniel's mother was to tell you the truth. I never heard of Carley as being the one.
    I know the movie ties Season 2-3 together, but not sure about Season 2 and the movie. I don't think anything really happened per say.

3. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

Season 3 makes it obviously clear that Carly is Daniel's mother.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's quite a bit of fanfic spin on this one, so I'm going to bump it over to that forum.

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd discount season 2 before I'd discount the Dreamwave comics. Season 2 was terrible. Things like Kremzeek, Alpha Trion and Lord Chumley should be erased from memory. Season 2 was terribly written for the most part.

Dreamwave at least tried to give us a good G1 continuity and go so far as to explain things like mass shifting and space bridges.

I did like Seasons 1 and 3, apart from Archeville, Primacron and the Hate Plague episodes.

Maybe if I'd seen Seasons 2 and 3 as a kid, I'd think differently but I grew up on the far better written comics. I've personally, never been able to accept most of the G1 cartoons as canon. A pity because MTMTE was fantastic.

Sorry if I offended fans of the cartoon but it's just how I feel. Plus, I hate when the Dreamwave comics get disrespected. I found them infinitely more enjoyable to the IDW stuff.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Did you forget the season 3 opener???

Daniel calls Carly "mom".