G1 mirage and bluestreak....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maz25, Mar 9, 2011.

1. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have recently purchased a pre-rub Mirage and pre-rub Bluestreak. Both are sealed on the card, and the weapons packets with instructions and label sheets are sealed. Boxes are in good condition with flap creases, but no tears or cutouts. These are 1984 vintage figures, no repros.... I have done the research.
    My question is more directed toward G1 collectors and aficianados. I do not trust today's ebay and ioffer market for vintage figures.
    If you, the G1 collector, who had a great opportunity to make a purchase such as this, how much would you pay? What price is overpayment?
    Jim

2. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

$300-$400 (for both) depending on the condition. It's getting harder to even get a decent boxed G1 for under $200 these days though. Prices and selection were a lot better 10 years ago when I first started collecting G1. Now it seems there is little middle ground... it's either crap or c-10 sealed AFA graded that only the richest MF could buy.

I hadn't even bought any G1 vintage for years... except last December I shelled out for a MIB Springer because it had been so long.

3. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I spent 250, or 125 for each. It was much simpler times, I started building my collection around '01 as well. I feel that 250 for both is pretty damn good, considering sealed contents, just wanted to get other opinions.
    Thanks. More opinions or similar purchase stories welcome.
    Jim

4. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Pictures may be small.

Attached Files:

5. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Can you post a larger pic of the top flap on the Bluestreak box?

6. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The guy I am buying these from emailed me pics, but the files are too big to upload. I cropped this, I hope it works. When I receive the toys, I can take some pictures and upload if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

7. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Good deal. Personally I am wary of great deals... as that is usually when I get burned on Ebay.

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pay 100 for something on ebay surprisingly turns out to be 20 at a comic convention and 2 dollars at a flea market.

9. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ebay can still get you a great gem at times, but on the whole, has gone to shit for G1 collecting. You have to get lucky, which I fortunately have at times by researching this fine site and the counterfeit guides.
    As far as flea markets, I have yet to be lucky enough to net a vintage, sealed G1 for a respectable price.