G1 Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Showster, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Showster

Showster Well-Known Member

How much do you recon I should sell this for, It comes with a box (thats seen better days), all the bits (as far as I'm aware) but the main body has some yellowing. I've seen some metros go for quite a bit but I'm unsure.

If anyone is interested let me know, my kinda gut feeling is £30-40 pounds.

Greg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

That yellowing is pretty bad, I'm sad to say. I'd say no more than $80-$90US.

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    ^ Agreed

4. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    MIB Metroplex's really vary a lot in prices. I got one of ebay.co.uk for around MIB (box c7) just missing missiles in c9 shape for $120 - but I guess I was lucky.

Does he have the little black gun for Scamper ?. And does it come with styrofoam ?

It's hard to say how much it would sell for it also depends how severely the accessory is yellowed too!. Because box alone with insert + all accessory in good shape with no yellowing would be around $70. A loose Metroplex body only in nice shape goes for $15 (c7) to $25 (c8.5). I'd say this Metroplex body if it was sold loose alone wouldn't be more than $10 because that yellowing is pretty severe.

But I'd say £32/$65 would be acceptable.

However if you're going to sell it then LMK. I know someone who'd most likely want it !

5. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

I paid $110 for mine about 2 years ago. It had no box and just missing the projectiles. Mine is the rubber wheeled version and has no yellowing and full chrome legs. Yours is the plastic wheeled version with chrome stickers instead of chrome plated legs and rather intense yellowing. Yours has the box, used sticker sheet and the instructions. With all of that I would say no more than $80 shipped if the joints are tight and the antenna and head function properly. JMHO.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the yellowing is pretty bad on it but because it's complete with box it should go for about £30-£40

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

mine is prestine, and i couldn't even get $90 us for him.....
    auction ended with only 2 offers for less than reasonable.

if thats a help at all.

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You'd probably make more parting him out - I'd give you $20 for that Scamper alone. The other various parts (antenna, rear building, sixgun bits, etc.) would probably sell for $10 or more per part. The box could get you a lot too.

You could get even more if you took him apart and sold the non-yellowed parts. I know unbroken waist swivels are needed, you may even be able to lightly sand off some of the yellowing.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sanding off the yellowing, eh? Intriguing. Does that work with other colors as well? I have a Pretender Starscream I picked up cheap because it might as well be a Sunstorm.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm not sure. I know it works on G1 Mirage, as I just restored my old broken one. His front end was pretty yellowed, but some sanding and buffing (to make it glossy and smooth again) took the top coating of yellowed plastic right off. Some Reprolabels later, and he looks like new.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  11. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I bought mine for $55 US MIB 98% complete, sold it MIB 100% for $110, but that was about 2 years ago

12. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I think that 80 sounds high for the condition (yellowing mostly) but having the accessories and a box (no matter the shape) is going to raise the value.