G1 Metroplex/Arielbot combiners?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by prediking10, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Seriously! I can't wait to give this a whirl...

2. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

This is great! All this time and I never knew..

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, he was designed too late in the game, so his base-mode isn't a metroplex-compatible launcher like the others, but rather a stand alone gun emplacement.

And of course Abominus should be positioned in Trypticon city's food court where he makes snow-cones.

D/L

4. starman72

starman72 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i've had metroplex since it was a new toy, and i only recently found out about the base modes connecting with it. i've told my wife several times that if i kept only one tf, it would be metroplex (and a few others that connect!).

metroplex also has standard 5mm connectors so that microman/micronauts, blockman/robolinks, and even some newer minicons can connect.

soon as i can, i'll post a pic of metroplex with the triple-sized ko requiem blaster.

5. mjordan23

mjordan23 Well-Known Member

man that just made me want to get a G1 metroplex

6. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    It's really a GREAT toy, one of the G1 gems!

7. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

That it is, but Metrotitan is cooler if ya ask me. Later on I think I'll merge Onslaught and Motormaster with him and contribute some pics to this thread. I'd do it now, but I'm watching anime and trolling WoW. ^_^

~Z

8. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    *sigh* I foolishly (crazily!) skipped the K/O Metrotitan, and now kick myself daily. I still prefer ol' 'Flex, but Metrotitan is a much more visuallly striking bot!

D/L

9. AutoCon2076

It's a shame - this mold is awesome in the new(er) colors. I don't have the KO - I was a lucky bastard a few years back when I get Metrotitan, Black Zarak, and Scorponok as a $700 lot. If you want to see more pics, please check out the TFW2005 Resources for Metrotitan (Metrotitan - Transformers Zone - TFW2005) featuring this very same Metrotitan in the gallery.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~Z

10. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Hehe, well having once owned pretty much all of the J-TF exclusive toys EXCEPT Metrotitan (and a few other odd balls retools), and having gotten in before the crazy prices, I'm not surprised at all :) 

You inspired me to peek at ebay, and I'm currently getting a good deal on one of the KOs....I'll miss Metrobomb, but I'll live ;) 

D/L

11. AutoCon2076

Good stuff! Remember that the KO doesn't come with the Micromaster ramp. However, you can try emailing Darkov and asking him to cast one for you. He made a mold of the ramp a few months back from the one I have. I've got one in white for Metroplex to use.

~Z

12. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Right, the ramp too! Though, it's kind of crazy (from a fiction standpoint, though sensible from a play pattern standpoint) that they designed Metrotitan to connect with the Micron bases since in J-fiction ALLLLLLL the Microns are good (except Metrobomb).

I've long theorized that they were originally going to do Microns vs. Scramble as the theme for the late era (witness also Battle Gaia, not to mention the Zone generals who didn't get toys, but got lots {comparatively} of fiction), but eventually backed away from it.

Guard City is the counter argument, but my theory is he would have been a Destron S&R team, or else the heroic-throwback last-chance Scramble-saviour to counter the Destron scramble-hoardes..

Ahh well, I miss JTF, especially the tail-end of the original run.

D/L

13. AutoCon2076

That would've been cool, yet its merely a theory anymore, sadly. I imagine that the ramp is to allow him to interact with the Thunder Arrow base from Victory, which as I'm sure you know was the series before Zone. It's also possible that somehow the Destron Microns were going to faction-change to become Cybertrons. Such as how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop, the world may never know.

~Z

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've got both my Trypticon and Metroplex displayed combiner teams connected to them. I've always thought the G2 Aerialbots would look good connected to Metrtitan given their similar color scheme, but given the GPS on the one I've always been afraid to take them apart from combined mode to see what it looks like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

16. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Good theory...but the Thunderarrow (and I suppose whatever its Japanese Micron was called as also a Destron) was only a mail away exclusive and never properly released...yaddayaddayadda

Bygone age, though where my heart of hearts still lives :) 

17. starman72

Ebay:
    not very familiar with the japanese versions, but what is the purple base on the right of metrotitan?

i always knew metroplex was damn cool, but what else can be added?

also, in th0r4z1n3, what is the base to the left of omega supreme?

18. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not quite sure what purple thing your talking about, but I think you're talking about the tower on Metroplex for the purple thing. (I know, my pic ain't that clear)

The base on the left of Omega Supreme is a fan mode of Cybertron Defense Red Alert that I was using as Countdown before they repainted him as Countdown for the Universe 2.0 line.

In theory any of the Scramble City style combiners can be combined with Metroplex using the peg holes in robot mode, but he was intended to go with the Protectobots and Aerialbots. Thats why Silverbolt came with a ramp, and there is a "repair bay" mode for Hot Spot.

Combining Trypticon with the Stunticons and Combaticons was an afterthought by Hasbro, that's why they attach using those little clips that came with Trypticon.

19. AutoCon2076

Do you mean my pic?

[​IMG]

If so, then that'd be the (Cannon Transport with Terror-Tread - 1990 Transformers - TFW2005). I'm lucky enough to own all three transports (there is an Autobot Tanker and Autobot Missile transport as well). If you're gonna go after them make sure to have some extra cash. Those things are hella rare and expensive. I think they were exclusive to the USA.

~Z

20. starman72

Ebay:
    thanks, that answered my questions.

so metrotitan's ramp lets it connect to those three micromaster bases? or any of them? micromasters were after my time, but i would like to get one or two eventually.