G1 Metroplex Accessories Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Triformis, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, so as many know, the little bots that come with G1 Metroplex are as follows:

-Big bot = Six-Gun
    -Car bot = Scamper
    -Tank = Slammer

And this can easily be confirmed by checking here:

http://www.tfu.info/1986/Autobot/Metroplex/metroplex.htm

However, if you go back to the source material in terms of the U.S. toy instructions as found here (assuming the server isn't down again):

http://tfracetrack.com/instructions/g1/autobot/metroplex.jpg

You'll see that the 3 bots are never named. So, my question then is where do these names come from? I would say perhaps the show, but I didn't think Metroplex was really ever in it except for the Japanese show "Headmasters" and I don't recall these bots ever appearing, but it's been a while since I've seen it. Alternatively, do the names maybe come from the Japanese instructions? Just curious...

Additonally, I just noticed that tfu.info actually names the weapons too and that's not info. found in the instructions either. However, I just had a brain-flash while typing this. Did all this info. maybe come form either the G1 Marvel Bios. or maybe the DW ones?

2. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I thought Sixgun was in season 3? then again it's been awhile since I watched G1 cartoons, I may have to peep my TF DVD's to make sure

*edit* when I was a kid and got Metroplex for my b-day, the other 3 bots always had names, funny I don't remember where I got their names from... my brain hurts now :( 

3. Triformis

Mine too, man, mine too...maybe the names were on the box itself? I've never seen one in person and I'm too lazy to go track down a pic of one.

4. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

They were in season 3 episode "Thief in the Night".

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yep. Plus there was that "From the files of Teletraan-2" that identified them by name with Japanese footage of Scamper and Slammer I think

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
  7. Triformis

Ah-ha! So, my third proposed theory holds some water. Interesting that they neglected to add the names to the manual. And I guess that also solves my weapons question. Thanks, Draven! Power to the Tech Spec.! And thanks to bw_rhinox and Grimlock_13 too. Another slight mystery of mine closed.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I just got metroplex 100% complete, interesting to know, thanks for the info. Metroplex is in many g1 season 3 episodes btw (little guys already mentioned), and he and tripticon spin around in circles fighting in the intro to season 3 episodes.