G1 Menasor Knock-Off - Buyer BEWARE

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheBigMachine, Jun 6, 2010.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Also, you must take into account that the original stuff is not AVAILABLE. Second hand market is *NOT* availability. Counterfeit products are easily accepted, because it's not the counterfeit product's fault either if the original company has no interest re-releasing their 20+ year old stuff or that vintage toys have become a commodity.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't be. I would assume the majority of members feel the same way. They just choose to stay out of the discussions in fear of being labelled a 'hater' or someone who collects for investment purposes.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Or, you know, it could just as easily be the reverse and they stay out of the discussions in fear of being labeled a "thief" or someone who collects for sheer enjoyment, worth be damned.

Never assume.

The likely reason they stay out of the discussion? They've had enough of the pro/anti KO bitching all around.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I respect your opinions. Always have. But I can't help but think/feel the way I do about it.

5. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wont pick away at this one, then :) 

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Im not comfortable with buying from a store based in china, if only some of the stateside stores would get these in stock, id be all over them , and if KOToys had a Credit card option with out the pay pal stuff id likely buy from him as for me it would be simpler.

7. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

You do realize you can pay with your Credit Card via PayPal, right?

8. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    Yes i do but id prefer to be able to do so directly with out pay pal in the mix. but i may do it as he has alot im interested in.

9. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, its risky. i had a 800.00 ko package stuck at customs for 2 weeks. but lucky for me they didnt charge me. very scary for me indeed. it came from china. im still very excited about the fort max ko reissue. cant wait to get a hold of the holy grail transformers toy that i never thought i would have in my life time. next i want the grand max and jetfire. those 3 items hasbro/ takara already said they wont make ever again anyways. so both sides should have peace here. i mean for the real collectors. you can always use spare parts right? for the ko collectors i just want the entire toy. btw when someone gets the ko menasor please do a review on the quality.

10. Tirade

Why? What the heck is the difference? The money is coming from the same source (the Credit Card). Opening up a PayPal account is free. The only downside, IMHO, is contributing to the evil that is eBay ;) . Any fees you encounter on PayPal go to eBay.

11. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    mainly because i prefer a simple one step scenario and i don't want to get stuck with fees when i want to buy something, so if can use a credit/debit card there with out needing a pay pal account id be fine. and yah the customs and everything worry me which is why id prefer to buy in the US if that was possible which it sadly isn't.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh... The seller gets the fees, not the puchaser....

13. TheToyAddict

TheToyAddict Well-Known Member

I encounter this quite a bit as well as a seller. Most buyers do not realize the heavy costs with being able to take credit cards directly. You basicly have to have whats called a merchant account and the companies that offer them hit you with all types of fees in addition to the actual fees they charge on the transaction. They also have rolling reserves, where they can hold your money for as long as 90 days as protection against chargebacks. It is really hard for the average "small" business to absorb the costs involved. That is why Paypal has really made it easy for the small business to accept credit cards.

A lot of people complain about Paypal, but it really is an effective tool. The buyers pay no fees (for whatever reason, a lot of people still think the buyers have to pay fees), the sellers get their money fast, their fees are reasonable to the sellers, and as a buyer, as long as you are paying by credit card, you can always file a chargeback if the deal goes south.

14. Tirade

Bingo. Basically why I like PayPal as well (and I don't even own a small business).

And yes, I was referring to seller fees when money is received. That can be circumvented, though, via personal/gift payments. As a buyer, I don't see how PayPal is inferior to a CC. Most places accept both. For sellers, as The Toy Addict pointed out, it's far simpler.