G1 Megatron's Master Plan

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ljjnico, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ljjnico

ljjnico Future Autobot Leader

Does anyone here hate the humans in the doubleparter Megatron's Master Plan because I do especially that waste of space Sean Berger. I also hate humanity in the X-Men as they are sometimes the antagonists to the heroes.

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    This smells like spamwich.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Despite the plot of MMP being absolutely childish beyond reason, it still ranks has one of the most memorable episodes of G1 for me.

Though I think it plays on human's ability to fear, mistrust, and turn on a dime against thier allies perfectly.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If you hated Sean Berger I guess the writers did their job then.

5. ljjnico

ljjnico Future Autobot Leader

Very true.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hey, does anyone here hate Megatron? He's always so mean to the Autobots.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I hate Meanie Megatron so much I have a picture of him as the target for my dart board.

8. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I dunno, anybody who has the gahones to tell Unicron "I belong to nobody!" has my respect. (Even though he caved in once Unicron was gonna eat him.) That whole scene with Unicron has always summed up Megatron's character for me and made me love him as a villain.

9. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

lmao

10. Pembroke

Pembroke Good Skyfire. Good boy!

If you want to complain about something in that episode, how about you complain about how Starscream was able to fight against himself dressed as Optimus Prime.

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    And what's the deal with the decepticons? Didn't anyone ever tell them hitting people, breaking stuff, and stealing was bad?

They are not very nice guys.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The premise is a really good one actually, the Autobots go to great pains to hide themselves in some series (Armada, Cybertron, the Movie, RiD possibly) and in series like those, the Decepticons can discredit the Autobots by playing on humanity's fear of the unknown. The execution was not the best, but the idea behind it is sound. In one of those aforementioned series, if the Decepticons had made first contact and lied about their intentions, they could easily have turned the humans against the Autobots - and the Autobots wouldn't bother fighting back out of fear of hurting the humans.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah I thought that was cool. And the scene where Galvatron tries to become Unicrons master

G1 Megs rules, now all he does is talk talk talk

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have trouble respecting a robot like G1 Megs who got shot once and fell over defeated. Or succumbed to rust. But atleast his toy was funny.

He should've killed all the humans when he had the chance after the Autobots were sent to the sun.

15. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

This the same advanced space bacteria rust that was pretty much dissolving the body of any Transformer who was infected?

BW Megatron was defeated by one of Rhinox's farts. Even Skeletor's dumber moments rank as more honorable, and he often defeated himself.

"Toy was funny?" At least back then, Takara was able to brilliantly engineer a few gun robots that could transform into reasonable humanoid forms and still look like actual production handguns(Megatron, Browning, S&W .44), rather than making them look like Flash Gordon rayguns(Shockwave, Go-Bots guns).

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    The '86 movie G1 Megatron is the epitome of Megatron IMO...the caroon series Megs suffered from '80's cartoon villain syndrome'...it was wild crazy scheme once second, giant doomsday device the next, then retreat. In the first 15 minutes of the movie Megatron had ordered (and contributed to) the brutal slaughtering of half the season 1 Autobot cast, not to mention taken over Cybertron at some point prior to those events. The only two instances any Megatron has gotten a 'Holy shit this guy is a threat' reaction from me is in both the 86 and 07 movies.

Sorry, didn't mean to help derail the thread...uhm...on topic: Humans suck ass!

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

So funny and good point! Also BW Megatron had a rubber ducky which loses credibility points as well though adds to the humor. I actually respect a lot of different incarnations of Megatron (though there a couple of people who try to bash G1 which I don't get) but G1 Megatron to me was the one I took the most seriously like in these episodes. The episode's premise was a good one and I liked how the Autobots were discredited and humanity turned on them INSTANTLY. They even threw a parade for the Decepticons! Kind of showed real gratitude huh? I also liked how ruthless Megatron was in trying to send all the Autobots into the sun thus killing them all. Imagine being discredited, forced to leave, and then being sent into the sun while basically being helpless because of your ideals. Interesting stuff in that Megatron beats the Autobots using their own code against them.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It was still silly, but that's like, the funniest part of G1.:lol  It's rediculousness.

I like to think of '86 Movie Megs as a totally different Megs. He was a loser goofball in the G1 series but an utter badass mortal-combater in the film.

19. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Was this the episode in which Ramjet crashed into the buildings? Man, after 9/11, I never thought I'd see that again. Then I realized, it happened again in the '07 movie. Megs & Prime went straight through the building. I figured that people are so easily offended, they wouldn't dare put that in.

20. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm surprised that nobody's started crying over that one yet. Though to tell you the truth I never made any connection with 9/11 when I saw that. :dunce