Fan Art: G1 Megatron PWNS TFTM Megatron

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by closetrat, Sep 17, 2010.

1. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
  2. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

That is very cool I like it.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I think I've seen this before, I love it.

And that's probably how it would happen too.

4. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this isn't your work, it goes in creative general discussion, this forum is specifically for showcasing your own work, also if this is your work in part, it would be nice to credit who did the original art :) 

5. closetrat

News Credits:
    Sorry, I made the pic a clickable link so the artists' real names could be seen at the webpage I found the pic on.

But can I get a mod to move this thread for me, it does belong in the general discussion thread.

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone on these boards has that as their sig, I forgot who though.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I love that picture, there is memeber here who has it as their sig for sure, can't rememeber who either.

8. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Isn't this old news and isn't it better to link the picture in another thread than to post it here by the simple reason that it isn't your own?

9. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Plastic_nomer has it as his.

10. closetrat

News Credits:
    Easy Weremole...

A.) This appeared new to me, so a simple "Old" would suffice...
    B.) This isn't your work either, so I don't get your upset.
    C.) I never claimed this as my own; I said, "Just found this" & included a link of the source.

11. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

I'm not upset. I just didn't know the image was the link itself.

12. closetrat

News Credits:
    Sorry if I came on too defensive then - I was just posting the pic b/c I thought some here would enjoy it...

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This is why I scarcely visit this forum anymore, (though it's not as bad as it used to be, in fact I haven't seen this at all lately) because of these knee-jerk "statements" that, to me, seem less like they're doing it for artistic value and more for one-upping the movies/personal arguments/doubts/what have you. It's a shame that fanart is essentially becoming just another means to enforce your own views

And before somebody jumps all over me about "well it's his opinion and he should be allowed to express it" that's fine, I understand that and I have no problem with that, but can you really look at this picture and say to me that they DIDN't make it for the simple fact of "bay raped my childhood" or whatever? for example, thsi picture doesn't say this person likes G1 Megatron, it says they dislike Movie megatron, and it's a shame they made the art with a negative tone instead of a positive one, like making it just an awesome portrait or drawing of G1 Megatron by himself, showcasing his fondness of G1 Megs instead of having to put the Movie Megatron down to reinforce it, which makes it out like he feels G1 Megatron needs reinforcing.

Though for the sake of being productive and not simply "that guy" I will say that while there's nothing technically wrong with it artistically, however the "severed head in my hand" pose is very cliche, and G1 Megs looks just a titch too feminine in his body shape. I think it's simply the small waist and slightly larger head. But other than that, good artwork, which is, again, a shame it was used to make an even half-negative statement as opposed to a fully positive one.

14. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Maybe he just feels like G1 Megatron was a better leader and would win in a battle because he expresses finesse that Movie Megatron lacks.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Okay, two things:

1. How'd you get all that out of that picture?

2. Realistically neither characters have really shown finess, so your point seems odd. And once again I still don't understand why he felt the need to show one above the other to express as much. Why did one have to be portrayed as inferior simply to amke the other seem superior? No reason besides the fact that they wanted to be negative, and that's a shame.

And before anyone says anything, I'd feel the same way even if roles were reversed. I hate how everything must be a contest and no one can express their fondness of something unless it's at something else's expense.

16. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

It is just a fictional picture. Life will go on.

17. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Well...It is a fairly well drawn piece of hate art.

Eh, Bay's a rightfully bad director that most everyone generally hates. And old school fan boys are aggressively negative toward change. Whata ya gonna do?

18. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had this picture as my wallpaper for months, I love it:rock . Honestly, what is art about anyway? Expressing yourself and this person decided to draw G1 Megatron crushing Movie Megatron. I've seen your awesome drawings split lip, if you want a rebuttal, draw Movie Megs crushing g1 Megatron.

No harm done, you can't be the white knight for the movies man. I've noticed a few posters feel the need to jump in and duel to the death whenever someone disrespects the movie franchise. Its a battle you can't win..... Your not going to persuade anyone to just magically like the bay films.....

Besides, enjoy them while they last, i'm waiting for the reboot:thumbs2: . If you want to see something just appalling to the franchise, check out heatherbeast on Deviant art. She Draws our beloved transformers getting...... it on basically. Gross.... I gave her my 2 cents and now i'm blocked lol

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's an odd thing to me that NO ONE reported this thread either. Seriously, guys, use this: [​IMG]

I think the illustration is cool. It's a bit cliche, but it's still cool. Yeah, it's obvious that the original artist likes G1 Megs more than movie Megs, but it's really not that big of a deal, nor do I get that much rage from this illustration.

On the technical side of things, I think G1 Megs' neck and expression look a bit odd. Other than that, it's a really cool piece.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  20. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    this is the background on my droid i love this pic