G1 Megatron is now banned by eBay UK

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by stevej, Nov 23, 2009.

1. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, I've not seen this mentioned but I just got off the phone with eBay UK as they pulled my G1 resissue Megatron because it's a "replica firearm".

It seems that the reactionary US influence has overtaken common sense and now all G1 Megatrons are banned. When I questioned why the item had been taken down while other Megatrons were still listed she said I was welcome to put in complaints about those other listings too but to hell with that, I'm not going to take out my frustration on other sellers.

Good luck to anyone else who is selling this but don't expect your auction to reach it's end.

I'm severely disappointed with eBay.

Steve.

2. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    They've been doing that for a while now.

Take pics of him in bot mode for the auction, stating that you'll email alt mode pics to anyone interested in him.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yay. Another victory for the kneejerk spackers out there.

4. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think I even mentioned the word "gun" and the only pic was from the outside of the box where you only see his robot mode.

Megs is definitely just on their radar. As mentioned though, they could have been doing this for a while but as they still pop up regularly I assumed they were fine.

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    When the policy was first added in the US there was a mass takedown of Megatrons and eBay was active in that effort for a time. Now it's like anything else breaking eBay policies - someone has to report you. If you're seeing other peoples' auctions staying up while yours was removed it's because someone individually reported your auction.

6. Jefro

Jefro Well-Known Member

I've noticed people are now only using photo's of megatron in robot mode to eliminate any unwanted attention towards the whole P38 replica thing. I've also seen people plug the end of the barrel as well as adding the orange cap to the end as they claim it then complies with Ebay rules.

7. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instead of banning genuine toys they want to get those sellers who intentionally sell KOs as originals banned. I have no problems with KOs, so long as they are listed as such. Any newbie TF fans could get stung.

8. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Talk about playing it dirty. :(