G1 Megatron & Galvatron and the orange tip law question......

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megatronwp38, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

So, I was watching TF:TM and was just thinking how when megatron turned into galvatron his cannon was blaze orange. Did the orange tip law in the US go into effect back in the 80's and that was a reason why megatron got upgraded? And also I think if it was they nicely integrated it into galvatron with out totally ruining the toy.

thoughts....

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Good point. I was thinking about this with a buddy who has a G1 Megatron at our place of work. My immediate supervisor said not to let anyone see it (he's got it in his office in a box). IF someone would see it, it could be confused with a real gun.

I think Galvatron doesn't look as much like a gun compared to Galvatron (cannon vs. hand gun). Notice that since, no other TF has really looked like weaponry.

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    possibly. or it could have been just plain coincedence they picked the color orange, to balance out the color of the cannon mode.

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I think the orange tip thing is freaking lame. Digital Toys will never see my money for MP Megatron, as they are putting a friggin orange plug in the gun. Screw that, I'll order from someone that WON'T tamper with my product. Especially $100 product.

ANyway, enough of my pointless rant. I don't think Galvatron was given an orange cannon for laws. As I recall, in 86, there were no issues with selling Megatron still despite him being a gun.

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    The law, at least in California, took effect in '87. I remember having to pull our cap guns and other guns off the shelf to make sure we were in compliance.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do not know if this is true, but it is a damn good thought. You are a deep thinker and I salute you!!!!!

7. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

CP:

Strictly speaking, tanks, warplanes, and attack helicopters are all weaponry. Small arms, no. :) 

Hmm. How about a Neanderthal transformer that changed into a club? (Of course the GoBots already got the other great prehistoric weapon technology).

8. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

Why take a G1 Megatron to work, especially if he's just going to keep it in a box? Just curious.