Minor/Repaint: G1 Legends Skids

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by G1 Milo, Jul 23, 2012.

1. G1 Milo

G1 Milo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The Asian exclusive Legends toys have inspired me to try to complete as many of the G1 1984/1985 Transformers in Legends size. I've been working on converting DOTM Cyberverse Mudflap into G1 Legends Skids. Some of the earlier Mudflaps were heavily misshapen and stylized, but the DOTM Cyberverse version only has a slightly larger right fist (and of course the horrible ugly face.)

I've replaced the head with a slightly modified head from a Legends Prowl, minus the "horns" and with the head crest slightly smoothed. I also cut the right hand down to size a little bit -- it's still somewhat bulkier than the left hand, but it's no wider.

UPDATE 25-Jul-2012: Finished the conversion and base coating. To mimic G1 Skids' hand lasers, I grabbed a Cyberverse Legions Prime Bumblebee so I could hand-mount his gun on Skids. I'm undecided about painting the gun silver to match G1, or leaving it as the translucent red (esp. since red is one of Skids' accent colors.) I'm really pleased with how he's turning out so far.

Update 31-Jul-2012: After a long weekend road trip, I finally got back to painting Skids. Of course his hands and feed need to be red, because that's one of his calling cards. I think the face looks much more recognizably Skids now that it's been painted. I still need to hunt down a bottle of Midnight Blue to do some touch-up on the hand-painted racing stripe, but aside from that he's all finished. I painted his weapon silver to match his G1 weapon.

Attached Files:

2. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Looks amazing!

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Very nice I made a Battle Wheelie out of a Legends Mudflap put a gundam face bit on it..

Those movie faces make a big difference on some of those legends look pretty G1 without them.

This looks great though.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like this. I'm eager to see more, bud :) 

5. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Rodimus/target 2 pack repaint legends would have made a good head as well.

6. G1 Milo

Ebay:
    It might have, but I had a spare Prowl that was really loose, so I ripped it apart for bits. Prowl's head, like Skids' has a nice ridge down the middle, and features the same "helmet"-style cheeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once I paint him up in dark blue and paint the face and head crest silver, I think it will be a pretty close match. I just had to sand down the horns that Prowl has.

7. G1 Milo

Ebay:
    UPDATE 25-Jul-2012: Finished the conversion and base coating. To mimic G1 Skids' hand lasers, I grabbed a Cyberverse Legions Prime Bumblebee so I could hand-mount his gun on Skids. I'm undecided about painting the gun silver to match G1, or leaving it as the translucent red (esp. since red is one of Skids' accent colors.) I'm really pleased with how he's turning out so far.

8. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see this completed. Since you said you want to make more, who do you plan on making next?

9. G1 Milo

Ebay:
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Next up is Mirage, made out of a Cybertron Legends Galvatron.

10. G1 Milo

Ebay:
    Update 31-Jul-2012: After a long weekend road trip, I finally got back to painting Skids. Of course his hands and feed need to be red, because that's one of his calling cards. I think the face looks much more recognizably Skids now that it's been painted. I still need to hunt down a bottle of Midnight Blue to do some touch-up on the hand-painted racing stripe, but aside from that he's all finished. I painted his weapon silver to match his G1 weapon.

11. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    That is so awesome.

12. Budokhan

Budokhan Wheeljack's apprentice

As a fan of both minibots & targetmasters ( the smaller the better) I LOVE this guy! Skids was always one of my favorites & you did a great job bringing him forward to legends class!

Well done! :thumb 

13. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Looking good!