Customs: G1 Jetfire Cleaning Questions?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ShadowKing, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Let's all make POOP!

I just bought a G1 Jetfire in the box, I have started to clean him with my regular cleaning agent 91% Isopropyl alcohol, and I had some red paint from the nose section come off (Slightly not to much)!!!!!!!!!! So I was extremely careful not to remove any more, and I continued to clean the rest, as it turns out the wings and also the Vertical Rudders and center section past the cockpit are also painted. Is this normal? As I had thought that only the nose section was painted and the rest were stickers?

Also, I checked the back of the center piece (behind the cockpit) and found a Bandai/Tokyo Japan stamp on it, I know Takara never owned rights for the mold but did Takara not stamp this as theirs when packaging this as a Transformer? Thanks!

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Rubbing alcohol will take the paint right off of most toys. It's what I use to remove factory paint, when I do customs.

Takara never sold that mold. Hasbro liscensed it, for their TF line. So far as I know, it was never sold as anything but a Macross toy, in Japan. I'm kind of surprised that there's no Hasbro stamp on it, though.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Although a lot of Jetfire's black details (especially on the legs) are stickers, just about all the red is indeed painted on.

4. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Let's all make POOP!

Thanks Greyryder, and Draven! Has anyone else looked at their stamp, is it Bandai?

5. Carl

Carl Length and/or Girth

Mine has the square Bandai logo and "copyright Bandai 1984 Made in Japan."