Customs: G1 jetfire arms

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by kneero, Jun 25, 2012.

1. kneero

kneero Well-Known Member

I have recently found my old jetfire. His armor is intact, he is in remarkable good shape. The only problem is that both arms and armor are missing. I would like to update and refurbish him. My question is does anyone have pics of arms and armor with scale reference or would anyone be able to take some? Thanks in advance

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Do you intend to make new ones? Is there any reason why you don't just hunt down some G1 arms and do that?

3. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if he is missing his red accessories and he is broken you should just get a new one- the armor alone will probably cost as much as a loose complete one (I didn't quite understand what you were saying because you say his armor is intact but then you say his arms and armor are missing)

4. Bigbot3030

I think he means it's perfect, except for he fact that his arms and the arm armor are missing. I'm guessing that damn tiny gun clip is gone as well.

5. kneero

kneero Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in the customizing aspect than having a complete jetfire. I think it would be interesting to try to make new arms, armor and hands. As for the gun clip, that and the gun disappeared about two days after christmas 25+ years ago. I'm just looking for scaled reference pics to start with.

6. Bigbot3030

I hear ya, and I applaud you for wanting to scratchbuild, but i still think trying to find some junker arms might be your best bet. My jetfire is buried in some boxes, so i can't take any pics for you on some grid paper or anything.

I do like what you are trying to do here, making the armor part of the arms, instead of something removable. or at least thats what I assume you are doing.

R!